• Amber Calkins and Jeremy Gauthier of Thiensville are parents of a son, Brayden Tanner Gauthier, born July 8, 2009. He was 7 pounds, 6 ounces and 20 inches. He joins brothers Cameron, 7, and Drake, 6, and sister Ryleigh, 5.
• Jameela Fowler received National Mutual Benefit's National Volunteer Service Scholarship and is using it to attend Alabama A&M University. She is the daughter of Trenette and James Fowler and a graduate of Brown Deer High School.
• Lesley Miller of Brown Deer is a 2009 graduate of Western Technical College.
• Kylie Cook of Brown Deer, a Valparaiso University student, was inducted into Sigma Theta Tau, a nursing honor society, this spring. She also was presented the Donna Spanopolous Award Memorial Scholarship in Pediatric Nursing during the College of Nursing annual awards banquet this spring. She is a senior nursing major, and the daughter of Robert and Sarah Cook of Brown Deer.
• Karissa Lade of Whitefish Bay was named to the spring 2009 dean's list at Viterbo University.
• Gabrielle Rabon of Brown Deer and Edward Davis and Monica Harper of Glendale are spring 2009 graduates of Upper Iowa University.
• Marilu Rodriguez-Kroll of Thiensville was named to the spring 2009 dean's list at Lakeshore Technical College.
• Christine Brown of Glendale was named to the spring 2009 dean's list at the University of St. Thomas.
• Maggie Nowakowski of Mequon, a dancer with the Trinity Academy of Irish Dance, performed as the opening act for this year's Jerry Lewis MDA Telethon. She is a fifth-grader at University School of Milwaukee who recently took fourth place in national competition, qualifying her to compete in the 2010 World Championships of Irish Dance.
• Carol Waldvogel, a Glendale resident and director of North Shore Suzuki Strings, recently was awarded the Suzuki Chair, a career award given annually by the American Suzuki Institute in Stevens Point. This award honors long-term, high-quality service to the Suzuki music community in Wisconsin and beyond.
• Catharine and Richard Linhart of Fox Point were invited guests of U.S. Marine Corps Commandant James T. Conway to the summer reception and evening parade in Washington, D.C. on Aug. 28. The Linharts represented the Quilts of Valor Foundation at the reception and parade. The Quilts of Valor Foundation recently presented more than 1,300 quilts to Marines of the 3rd Battalion/8th Regiment upon their return from Afghanistan.
Send Celebrations submissions to Celebrations/Community Newspapers, 1741 Dolphin Drive, Suite A, Waukesha, 53186; or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Celebrations: Dec. 12
- Celebrations: Dec. 5
- Celebrations: Nov. 28
- Celebrations: Nov. 21
- Celebrations: Nov. 14
- Celebrations: Oct. 31
- Celebrations: Oct. 24
- Celebrations: Oct. 10
- Celebrations: Sept. 19
- Celebrations: Sept. 12
- Celebrations: Aug. 29
- Celebrations: Aug. 22
- Celebrations: Aug. 8
- Celebrations: July 25
- Celebrations: July 11
- Celebrations: July 4
- Celebrations: June 27
- Celebrations: June 13