We Energies is continuing repairs on a gas main that was hit by contractors working on East Capitol Drive at Maryland Avenue around 11 a.m.
Spokesman Brian Manthey said gas is no longer blowing from inside the main as of 11:45 a.m.
"There have been no injuries or evacuation," Manthey said.
North Shore Fire Department Battalion Chief Rick Boehlke said one crew is at the scene.
- Milwaukee's first surf shop rides into Shorewood (3)
- Development is off the table in Wilson Drive discussions
- Bublr makes push for extra bike rental stations in Shorewood
- Three Lions Pub, Camp Bar allowed to have patio seating on the street
- Construction delayed on Shorewood ice cream shop (6)
- Shorewood group encourages shoppers to bring their own bag
- Shorewood Criterium Classic set for June 23
- Shorewood trustees approve new police department
- Video: Bicyclist beats car in race from Shorewood to downtown
- Race car driver Hobbs will compete against Olympic cyclist Emery in Rider vs. Driver challenge