A 16-year-old Milwaukee boy is accused of robbing a 66-year-old Shorewood man as he sat in his wheelchair in the 4000 block of North Oakland Avenue.
The incident happened at about 3:30 p.m. Sept. 1, Shorewood police say.
According to police:
The youth was arrested Sept. 7 after he took a woman's purse at Columbia Hospital, 2025 E. Newport Ave., Milwaukee, and fled on foot. He was caught at Morris Boulevard and West Capitol Drive.
The boy admitted to the robbery and also said he took a purse that had been left unattended at the Pick 'N Save store at 4145 N. Oakland Ave. in Shorewood on Aug. 29.
The boy also admitted to robberies in Milwaukee and West Allis. One of those victims was a woman in a wheelchair.
The boy told police he comes to Shorewood to steal because "they have lots of cash."
After the Shorewood man was robbed, someone called Shorewood police to say he wanted to anonymously donate $100 to the victim.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: May 22
- Police Report: May 20
- Fox Point's Richard Thieme discusses UFO research book at North Shore library
- Shorewood Schools Business Manager moves on
- Police Report: May 13
- Elmbrook recommends Stormonth's Westfahl as new Brookfield Elementary principal
- News & Notes: May 8
- Stein's Gardens and Gifts again takes root in Shorewood
- NSFD board trying to take funding formula discussion behind closed doors