Seven free outdoor concerts will be held in Shorewood this summer, following action by the Village Board on Monday.
Summer Sounds will be held from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Thursdays from June 30 to Aug. 11 at Hubbard Park Lodge, 3565 N. Morris Blvd. A variety of musicians will be performing throughout the summer with genres including jazz, reggae, Caribbean and contemporary pop.
The initiative is being spearheaded and partially funded by the Village of Shorewood Marketing Program. Additional underwriting is from the Shorewood Foundation, Shorewood Men's Club, PNC Bank, Big Bay Brewing Company and Hubbard Park Lodge.
Officials from the Marketing Program had to apply for permits for all seven concerts. In addition to approving the requests, the board reduced the permit fee from $700 to $100. The village typically charges $100 per event.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: May 21, 2015
- Fire at Shorewood apartment building likely caused by unattended candle
- North Shore Police Reports: May 14, 2015
- Sydney b. opens second store in Shorewood
- Winter's not through with us yet
- North Shore Police Reports: May 7, 2015
- Shorewood principal retires after 24 years
- Shorewood rehab facility to reopen with new approach
- Shorewood Pick 'n Save closure boosts business at Sendik's (1)
- Shorewood schools receive $1.5 million grant