Seven free outdoor concerts will be held in Shorewood this summer, following action by the Village Board on Monday.
Summer Sounds will be held from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Thursdays from June 30 to Aug. 11 at Hubbard Park Lodge, 3565 N. Morris Blvd. A variety of musicians will be performing throughout the summer with genres including jazz, reggae, Caribbean and contemporary pop.
The initiative is being spearheaded and partially funded by the Village of Shorewood Marketing Program. Additional underwriting is from the Shorewood Foundation, Shorewood Men's Club, PNC Bank, Big Bay Brewing Company and Hubbard Park Lodge.
Officials from the Marketing Program had to apply for permits for all seven concerts. In addition to approving the requests, the board reduced the permit fee from $700 to $100. The village typically charges $100 per event.
- Shorewood's Cloud Red softly opens its doors (1)
- Police looking for man who sexually assaulted woman in Shorewood
- Shorewood students get 'once in a lifetime' opportunity to meet celebrity alumni
- Shorewood students get buzz cuts for cancer
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Shorewood officials reflect on economic growth (2)
- Shorewood High School presents 'South Pacific' this weekend
- Shorewood must be the place for artistic inspiration
- Shorewood 5k combines brunch, running
- Shorewood gives $100,000 grant to new restaurant (5)