Seven free outdoor concerts will be held in Shorewood this summer, following action by the Village Board on Monday.
Summer Sounds will be held from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Thursdays from June 30 to Aug. 11 at Hubbard Park Lodge, 3565 N. Morris Blvd. A variety of musicians will be performing throughout the summer with genres including jazz, reggae, Caribbean and contemporary pop.
The initiative is being spearheaded and partially funded by the Village of Shorewood Marketing Program. Additional underwriting is from the Shorewood Foundation, Shorewood Men's Club, PNC Bank, Big Bay Brewing Company and Hubbard Park Lodge.
Officials from the Marketing Program had to apply for permits for all seven concerts. In addition to approving the requests, the board reduced the permit fee from $700 to $100. The village typically charges $100 per event.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Shorewood robbery suspects face charges
- Shorewood School District raises $1 million for STEAM programs
- Build-your-own pizza place coming to Shorewood next year
- Shorewood families want to host Syrian refugees
- Plensa sculpture in Shorewood will be altered to remove anti-Semitic phrases
- Shorewood School Board expresses opposition to assembly bill on transgender students (1)
- Shorewood native spending college semester paddling Mississippi River
- Shorewood High School Orchestra to play side-by-side with Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra
- Shorewood students highlight mental illness at Milwaukee Film Festival
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015