Seven free outdoor concerts will be held in Shorewood this summer, following action by the Village Board on Monday.
Summer Sounds will be held from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Thursdays from June 30 to Aug. 11 at Hubbard Park Lodge, 3565 N. Morris Blvd. A variety of musicians will be performing throughout the summer with genres including jazz, reggae, Caribbean and contemporary pop.
The initiative is being spearheaded and partially funded by the Village of Shorewood Marketing Program. Additional underwriting is from the Shorewood Foundation, Shorewood Men's Club, PNC Bank, Big Bay Brewing Company and Hubbard Park Lodge.
Officials from the Marketing Program had to apply for permits for all seven concerts. In addition to approving the requests, the board reduced the permit fee from $700 to $100. The village typically charges $100 per event.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Shorewood school budget nearly derailed over public comment policy change (4)
- Run DMC rapper Darryl McDaniels launches Clicks sneaker shop in Shorewood (1)
- Rob Reinhoffer resigns from Shorewood School Board
- Shorewood celebrates Lake Michigan Day with coaster contest
- Shorewood considers new police building
- Lake Drive mansion sets stage for fictional wedding drama
- Olson House brings Scandinavian furniture to Shorewood
- Tochi in Shorewood is closing
- Shorewood debates trick-or-treat times (1)
- Shorewood gets its first tattoo shop, Positronic (3)