Summer Sounds, a seven-week concert series, kicks off Thursday at Hubbard Park Lodge, 3565 N. Morris Blvd. The band Streetlife with Warren Wiegratz will perform.
The park opens at 5 p.m. and the concert starts at 6:30 p.m. All concerts are free. Picnic food and other refreshments will be sold.
Several local organizations are spearheading this year's series. Among them: the village of Shorewood Marketing Committee, Shorewood Foundation and Shorewood Men's Club. Businesses supporting the program include PNC Bank, Big Bay Brewing Company and Culver's of Shorewood.
- Shorewood students get 'once in a lifetime' opportunity to meet celebrity alumni
- Shorewood students get buzz cuts for cancer
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Shorewood officials reflect on economic growth (2)
- Shorewood High School presents 'South Pacific' this weekend
- Shorewood must be the place for artistic inspiration
- Shorewood 5k combines brunch, running
- Shorewood gives $100,000 grant to new restaurant (5)
- Solar energy interest is heating up in Shorewood
- Shorewood's former Village Pub will reopen in May as Cloud Red