Summer Sounds, a seven-week concert series, kicks off Thursday at Hubbard Park Lodge, 3565 N. Morris Blvd. The band Streetlife with Warren Wiegratz will perform.
The park opens at 5 p.m. and the concert starts at 6:30 p.m. All concerts are free. Picnic food and other refreshments will be sold.
Several local organizations are spearheading this year's series. Among them: the village of Shorewood Marketing Committee, Shorewood Foundation and Shorewood Men's Club. Businesses supporting the program include PNC Bank, Big Bay Brewing Company and Culver's of Shorewood.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Shorewood hires Burlington police chief to lead department
- Shorewood School Board asks legislators to increase school funding
- North Shore Police Reports: April 23, 2015
- Shorewood plants seed for farmers market
- North Shore Legion Hall gets a makeover
- 15-year-old boy attacked while walking in Shorewood
- North Shore Police Reports: April 16, 2015
- Tornado watch in effect
- Shorewood urges legislators to preserve Downer Woods (1)
- North Shore Police Reports: April 9, 2015