Summer Sounds, a seven-week concert series, kicks off Thursday at Hubbard Park Lodge, 3565 N. Morris Blvd. The band Streetlife with Warren Wiegratz will perform.
The park opens at 5 p.m. and the concert starts at 6:30 p.m. All concerts are free. Picnic food and other refreshments will be sold.
Several local organizations are spearheading this year's series. Among them: the village of Shorewood Marketing Committee, Shorewood Foundation and Shorewood Men's Club. Businesses supporting the program include PNC Bank, Big Bay Brewing Company and Culver's of Shorewood.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: July 31, 2014
- Four Democrats running to represent Shorewood
- Wauwatosa man killed in Menomonee Falls crash July 10
- Milwaukee's oldest house reopened
- Senior living center breaks ground in Shorewood
- Shorewood's new advancement officer pioneering a possible trend in school fundraising
- Software company gets $200K village loan
- North Shore Police Reports: July 10, 2014
- Video: Shorewood residents upset about six-story building
- North Shore Police Report: July 3, 2014