Summer Sounds, a seven-week concert series, kicks off Thursday at Hubbard Park Lodge, 3565 N. Morris Blvd. The band Streetlife with Warren Wiegratz will perform.
The park opens at 5 p.m. and the concert starts at 6:30 p.m. All concerts are free. Picnic food and other refreshments will be sold.
Several local organizations are spearheading this year's series. Among them: the village of Shorewood Marketing Committee, Shorewood Foundation and Shorewood Men's Club. Businesses supporting the program include PNC Bank, Big Bay Brewing Company and Culver's of Shorewood.
- Shorewood group encourages shoppers to bring their own bag
- Shorewood Criterium Classic set for June 23
- Shorewood trustees approve new police department
- Video: Bicyclist beats car in race from Shorewood to downtown
- Race car driver Hobbs will compete against Olympic cyclist Emery in Rider vs. Driver challenge
- Art students' mural about race relations removed from Shorewood High School (1)
- Shorewood's Cloud Red softly opens its doors (1)
- Sex assault reported in Shorewood
- Shorewood students get 'once in a lifetime' opportunity to meet celebrity alumni
- Shorewood students get buzz cuts for cancer