Crash, car fire caused by man's medical condition
Shorewood - An 86-year-old Shorewood man was taken to a hospital after he lost control of his car and ran into four parked cars causing his car and another to catch fire in the parking lot of Shorewood High School, 1701 E. Capitol Drive, about 2:30 p.m. Jan. 21.
Police arrived on the scene and pulled the unconscious man from the car. A few minutes later, North Shore Fire and Rescue arrived.
The man was taken to a hospital and the fires extinguished. Two Shorewood officers had some smoke inhalation and drove themselves to the hospital.
The man caused the accident because he suffered an undisclosed medical condition.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Crave Cafe plans to offer takeout food in former Runaway Meatball building
- Shorewood hires Burlington police chief to lead department
- Shorewood School Board asks legislators to increase school funding
- North Shore Police Reports: April 23, 2015
- Shorewood plants seed for farmers market
- North Shore Legion Hall gets a makeover
- 15-year-old boy attacked while walking in Shorewood
- North Shore Police Reports: April 16, 2015
- Tornado watch in effect
- Shorewood urges legislators to preserve Downer Woods (1)