Crash, car fire caused by man's medical condition
Shorewood - An 86-year-old Shorewood man was taken to a hospital after he lost control of his car and ran into four parked cars causing his car and another to catch fire in the parking lot of Shorewood High School, 1701 E. Capitol Drive, about 2:30 p.m. Jan. 21.
Police arrived on the scene and pulled the unconscious man from the car. A few minutes later, North Shore Fire and Rescue arrived.
The man was taken to a hospital and the fires extinguished. Two Shorewood officers had some smoke inhalation and drove themselves to the hospital.
The man caused the accident because he suffered an undisclosed medical condition.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Shorewood concert series debuts July 8
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- No injuries in Shorewood apartment fire
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- Shorewood hires Bryan Davis as superintendent
- Shorewood weighs in on Estabrook Dam debate
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015
- Frank Lloyd Wright house uncovered in Shorewood (2)
- GoPro Video: Watch Olympic cyclist Brent Emery take on a car in a race from Shorewood to downtown (13)
- Shorewood expands bike parking into street