Crash, car fire caused by man's medical condition
Shorewood - An 86-year-old Shorewood man was taken to a hospital after he lost control of his car and ran into four parked cars causing his car and another to catch fire in the parking lot of Shorewood High School, 1701 E. Capitol Drive, about 2:30 p.m. Jan. 21.
Police arrived on the scene and pulled the unconscious man from the car. A few minutes later, North Shore Fire and Rescue arrived.
The man was taken to a hospital and the fires extinguished. Two Shorewood officers had some smoke inhalation and drove themselves to the hospital.
The man caused the accident because he suffered an undisclosed medical condition.
- Shorewood gives $100k grant to new restaurant
- Solar energy interest is heating up in Shorewood
- Shorewood's former Village Pub will reopen in May as Cloud Red
- Shorewood schools cracking down on false addresses
- Shorewood postpones decision on police department
- DeBlois, Lipo Zovic win for Shorewood School Board
- Bockhorst, Rozek win Shorewood trustee seats
- Burgers, ice cream planned at new Shorewood restaurant (3)
- 'Ghost Train' fundraiser held at Shorewood Culver's
- Sheldon Wasserman returns to politics