Crash, car fire caused by man's medical condition
Shorewood - An 86-year-old Shorewood man was taken to a hospital after he lost control of his car and ran into four parked cars causing his car and another to catch fire in the parking lot of Shorewood High School, 1701 E. Capitol Drive, about 2:30 p.m. Jan. 21.
Police arrived on the scene and pulled the unconscious man from the car. A few minutes later, North Shore Fire and Rescue arrived.
The man was taken to a hospital and the fires extinguished. Two Shorewood officers had some smoke inhalation and drove themselves to the hospital.
The man caused the accident because he suffered an undisclosed medical condition.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: May 28, 2015
- People with dementia find friends at memory café in Shorewood (1)
- North Shore Police Reports: May 21, 2015
- Fire at Shorewood apartment building likely caused by unattended candle
- North Shore Police Reports: May 14, 2015
- Sydney b. opens second store in Shorewood
- Winter's not through with us yet
- North Shore Police Reports: May 7, 2015
- Shorewood principal retires after 24 years
- Shorewood rehab facility to reopen with new approach