A 69-year-old Shorewood woman was mailed a citation for trespassing after riding a motorized scooter in the 3800 block of North Bartlett Avenue at 5:40 p.m. Feb. 18.
According to the Shorewood police report:
A resident saw the woman riding the scooter in the alley behind the home.
The woman stopped, entered the yard, took two flower pots and rode off with them. Police were called and the woman was stopped and the pots returned.
She denied taking the pots saying, “I’m sorry. I’m Russian.”
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Joanne Lipo Zovic appointed to Shorewood School Board
- Seniors invited to free retirement information programs at Shorewood Senior Resource Center
- Shorewood man thankful for Stars and Stripes Honor Flight
- Atwater School in Shorewood celebrates 100 years
- Shorewood High School sophomore catches a "lucky" break
- Six candidates apply for Shorewood school board seat
- Shorewood sketches details for plein air art festival
- Some Shorewood residents feel shut out by school board participation policy
- Shorewood school budget nearly derailed over public comment policy change (4)
- Run DMC rapper Darryl McDaniels launches Clicks sneaker shop in Shorewood (1)