Mequon-Thiensville Superintendent Demond Means has taken himself out of the running for the superintendent position at the Shaker Heights School District in Ohio, the district said today in a news release.
Means had been selected as a finalist for the Shaker Heights position. At a meeting last week the School Board voted unanimously to state its support for Means and its interest in having him continue at Mequon-Thiensville, later delivering the statement in person.
On Sunday, Means informed the board of his decision to remove himself from consideration for the Shaker Heights job.
"The Board of Education is thrilled that he will stay in Mequon-Thiensville," Board President Suzette Urbashich wrote in the release, "and we look forward to working with him to advance in the best interests of our schools, students and community."
- Milwaukee's first surf shop rides into Shorewood (3)
- Development is off the table in Wilson Drive discussions
- Bublr makes push for extra bike rental stations in Shorewood
- Three Lions Pub, Camp Bar allowed to have patio seating on the street
- Construction delayed on Shorewood ice cream shop (6)
- Shorewood group encourages shoppers to bring their own bag
- Shorewood Criterium Classic set for June 23
- Shorewood trustees approve new police department
- Video: Bicyclist beats car in race from Shorewood to downtown
- Race car driver Hobbs will compete against Olympic cyclist Emery in Rider vs. Driver challenge