Mequon-Thiensville Superintendent Demond Means has taken himself out of the running for the superintendent position at the Shaker Heights School District in Ohio, the district said today in a news release.
Means had been selected as a finalist for the Shaker Heights position. At a meeting last week the School Board voted unanimously to state its support for Means and its interest in having him continue at Mequon-Thiensville, later delivering the statement in person.
On Sunday, Means informed the board of his decision to remove himself from consideration for the Shaker Heights job.
"The Board of Education is thrilled that he will stay in Mequon-Thiensville," Board President Suzette Urbashich wrote in the release, "and we look forward to working with him to advance in the best interests of our schools, students and community."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 18, 2014
- Shorewood apartment development gets $5.5 million in assistance
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 11, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 4, 2014
- Shorewood police chief to retire after 33 years
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 27, 2014
- Shorewood master plan moving forward
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 20, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 13, 2014
- Coyote concerns arise in Mequon (2)