Mequon-Thiensville Superintendent Demond Means has taken himself out of the running for the superintendent position at the Shaker Heights School District in Ohio, the district said today in a news release.
Means had been selected as a finalist for the Shaker Heights position. At a meeting last week the School Board voted unanimously to state its support for Means and its interest in having him continue at Mequon-Thiensville, later delivering the statement in person.
On Sunday, Means informed the board of his decision to remove himself from consideration for the Shaker Heights job.
"The Board of Education is thrilled that he will stay in Mequon-Thiensville," Board President Suzette Urbashich wrote in the release, "and we look forward to working with him to advance in the best interests of our schools, students and community."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Construction begins on Shorewood Metro Market project
- Shorewood school superintendent is a finalist for West Allis-West Milwaukee job
- Shorewood pushes back school start time
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 26, 2015
- Shorewood teacher named Wisconsin VFW Middle School Teacher of the Year
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 19, 2015
- Shorewood parents express vote of no confidence in school administration (3)
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 12, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 5, 2015
- Shorewood woman dies after jumping off Hoan Bridge