Two people struggeld with a would-be cellphone thief in a pair of incidents about 10 minutes apart last week in Shorewood.
According to the Shorewood police report:
Two attempted robberies were reported by what appeared to be the same male in the 3700 block of North Maryland Avenue about 6:35 p.m. March 22 and in the 1100 block of East Kensington Boulevard about 10 minutes later.
In both events, a male got out of a blue sedan and confronted people sitting in their cars demanding their cellphones.
In the first report, a pizza delivery man was sending a text message when the male opened the door yelling "Gimme your phone." The two males struggled until the robber fled without the phone.
About 10 minutes later, he opened a woman's car door again yelling "Gimme me your phone." These two also struggled and when the woman would not let go of her phone, the man got back in the sedan which sped away.
- Shorewood's Cloud Red softly opens its doors (1)
- Police looking for man who sexually assaulted woman in Shorewood
- Shorewood students get 'once in a lifetime' opportunity to meet celebrity alumni
- Shorewood students get buzz cuts for cancer
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Shorewood officials reflect on economic growth (2)
- Shorewood High School presents 'South Pacific' this weekend
- Shorewood must be the place for artistic inspiration
- Shorewood 5k combines brunch, running
- Shorewood gives $100,000 grant to new restaurant (5)