Two people struggeld with a would-be cellphone thief in a pair of incidents about 10 minutes apart last week in Shorewood.
According to the Shorewood police report:
Two attempted robberies were reported by what appeared to be the same male in the 3700 block of North Maryland Avenue about 6:35 p.m. March 22 and in the 1100 block of East Kensington Boulevard about 10 minutes later.
In both events, a male got out of a blue sedan and confronted people sitting in their cars demanding their cellphones.
In the first report, a pizza delivery man was sending a text message when the male opened the door yelling "Gimme your phone." The two males struggled until the robber fled without the phone.
About 10 minutes later, he opened a woman's car door again yelling "Gimme me your phone." These two also struggled and when the woman would not let go of her phone, the man got back in the sedan which sped away.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: October 16, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 9, 2014
- Shorewood parking tickets go digital
- Shorewood CDA changes approach with Wilson townhomes
- Celebrate Biketoberfest on Thursday
- Shorewood Library wants kids to 'Play, Learn, Grow'
- North Shore Police Reports: October 2, 2012
- North Shore Police Reports: September 25, 2014
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- Video: Aaron Rodgers surprises Shorewood neighborhood