· A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving after driving his car into a ditch where it was stuck in the 900 block of West Laramie Lane at 12:55 a.m. Jan. 11. He was taken to the police station to take field sobriety tests because of the icy conditions. He failed those tests and had a blood alcohol content of 0.14.
· A woman, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving, refusal to take a breath test and cited for making an illegal U-turn at Brown Deer and Port Washington roads at 3:25 a.m. Jan. 12. Her preliminary BAC was 0.207. She failed field sobriety tests and when asked to take the final breath test said twice, "I don't know what to do." She was told that would be listed as a refusal.
· Two females, ages and residences not released, were arrested for theft at Kohl's, 9060 N. Green Bay Road, at 7:30 p.m. Dec. 21. The women were seen filling two Kohl's bags with 41 items valued at more than $1,600 and then one of them walking out of the store with both bags to a waiting car where she was stopped. One told police they came to the store to shop for Christmas presents but were short of money so they decided to steal.
· Two men, ages and residences not released, were arrested for obstruction after lying to police saying their car had been damaged by a hit-and-run driver while parked in the 8300 block of North 46th Street at 2 p.m. Jan. 3. However, another officer said that car was in the lot the day before and was already damaged. When confronted, the men admitted making up the story saying the hit and run occurred in Wausau and they had a friend tow the car back to Milwaukee. One man was taken into custody and the other mailed a citation.
· A woman was arrested for disorderly conduct/domestic violence related after she attacked another woman, her roommate, about 3:20 p.m. Jan. 4. The fight began after the victim, who was moving out, said she wanted to take a shower before she moved out. The suspect said her roommate had choked her and she was just protecting herself.
· A Brown Deer man, age not released, was arrested for disorderly conduct/domestic violence related, after he threatened a male relative and threw items around their residence at 4:30 p.m. Jan. 5. The problem began with the two men texting each other regarding paying rent and the suspect reportedly threatened his relative in those messages saying he would "kick his (expletive)" and damage his car. When the two met up at the residence, the suspect, who was intoxicated, threatened him with a paintball gun. When police were called, the suspect fled but was stopped a few blocks away.
· Four females were seen taking items and running out of TJ Maxx, 9020 N. Green Bay Road, at 5:40 p.m. Jan. 5. The females entered the store and each quickly grabbed from six to eight items, taking coats, pants and shirts valued at $463. They fled the store and were not found.
· A resident reported receiving a call from a male identifying himself as the resident's grandson saying he had been arrested for drunken driving and needed money during the day Jan. 8. The resident went to US Bank in Bayside, withdrew more than $1,000 and had the bank wire transfer that money to a person in Safra, Lebanon. Police were called when the grandson spoke to the resident and the scam was discovered
· A Fox Point boy, age not released, was arrested for disorderly conduct/domestic violence related and possession of drug paraphernalia after he attacked a relative at 5 p.m. Jan. 8. Police had responded to the residence an hour earlier but the boy and the relative said things were calm and the family would have a discussion. However, they were called back when the boy again attacked and this time choked his relative. Police found an apple with a slice cut out that had marijuana residue.
· Five people, mostly males, all under the age of 21 and residences not released, were arrested for underage drinking at the Town Club, 7950 N. Santa Monica Blvd., at 12:10 a.m. Jan. 10. Police on routine patrol saw four cars parked at the club and then saw from four to five males run from the scene. Inside the building, police found two cases of beer and bottles of liquor.
· A 23-year-old Glendale woman and a 32-year-old Milwaukee woman were arrested for disorderly conduct after they fighting over one owing the other $60 in the 6000 block of North Green Bay Avenue at 4:30 p.m. Jan. 2. The Milwaukee woman was also arrested on an outstanding warrant.
· Four males, 14 to 17, were arrested for resisting/obstruction and theft of 20 pairs of sunglasses valued at $4,400 from the Sunglass Hut, 490 W. Northshore Drive, about 11 a.m. Jan. 3. The boys grabbed the glasses and fled in a car. Police followed the car for only a few blocks but were able to track it as it drove west on Silver Spring Drive, into the Crestwood Subdivision onto Sidney Place and then north on the bike path to West Mill Road where they fled the car. They were found and arrested. That car had been stolen out of Milwaukee.
· A resident reported a rear garage door had been kicked in but entry not gained in the 900 block of West Theresa Lane before 2:40 p.m. Jan. 4.
· An armed robbery was reported at Mobil Gas, 7156 N. Green Bay Avenue, at 9:04 p.m. Jan. 4. A male, about 45, 6-feet tall and wearing a hooded shirt, threatened an employee with a gun and fled with more than $500.
· A resident reported being the victim of a scam after a male called her saying he was her grandson and needed money and she sent $1,500 about 9 a.m. Jan. 6. She reported the scam hours later after her real grandson spoke with her.
· A wallet and contents including $250 cash and credit cards was taken from an unlocked office at Sprecher Brewery, 701 W. Glendale Ave., during the day Jan. 6. Credit cards were used at Target, Walgreens and Speedway before the theft was discovered.
· A 32-year-old man and a 24-year-old woman, residences not released, were arrested for battery and the woman also for four warrants after fighting at La Quinta Inn, 5423 N. Port Washington Road, at 1:10 a.m. Jan. 7. Both denied hitting the other but both said the other person hit them. The man said the woman was angry because his wife called him and the woman said the man got jealous when he saw her texting someone thinking it was a boyfriend.
· A pair of sunglasses valued at $500 was taken from a car in an alley behind the 4800 block of North Mohawk Avenue on Jan 7 or 8. There was no evidence of forced entry.
· A purse valued at $100 and contents including a wallet and credit cards was taken from a car at Elite River Club, 2001 W. Good Hope Road, between 9 and 10 a.m. Jan. 8.
· Two teenage males were suspects in the theft of two laptops and a smartphone with a total value of more than $2,000 from the Apple Store, 5715 N. Centerpark Way, at 8 p.m. Jan. 8. The teens entered the store and were "milling around" for a while and when the employee was busy, they grabbed the items and fled.
No reportable incidents this week.
· A snowblower valued at $400 was taken from an unlocked garage in the 4500 block of North Sheffield Avenue sometime Dec. 22 to Jan. 1.
· A door frame to a business was damaged in the 4400 block of North Oakland Avenue sometime Dec. 31 to Jan. 2. Damage was $150.
· A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for battery including attempted strangulation and disorderly conduct all domestic violence related about 11:45 p.m. Jan. 5. The man choked a woman, identified as his girlfriend, impeding her breathing for 15 to 30 seconds. She had marks, abrasions and cuts on her face, chest and arms.
· An ashtray and change valued at $110 were taken from a locked car in the 1800 block of East Jarvis Street sometime after 5:30 pm. Jan. 7 and 8:30 a.m. Jan. 8. There was no sign of forced entry.
· A resident reported that his Visa card had been used 10 times charging more than $3,000 in Naples, Italy, Jan 4, after being notified by the card company Jan. 8.
· Two wallets and contents including credit cards and $200 cash were taken from an unlocked residence in the 2600 block of East Shorewood Boulevard between 10:15 and 10:40 p.m. Jan. 9.
· A wallet and contents including credit cards was taken from a basement classroom at Lake Bluff Elementary, 1600 E. Lake Bluff Blvd., between 1 and 3:45 p.m. Jan. 9. An attempt was made to use one of the credit cards at a Glendale Walgreens but it was declined.
· A resident reported an attempted scam after receiving a call saying she won $250,000 in a sweepstakes but first must send $5,000 at 10:45 a.m. Jan. 9. No money was sent.
· A Milwaukee male, age not released, was arrested for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia at his place of employment, Dunkin Donuts, 106 W. Silver Spring Drive, at 7:50 p.m. Jan. 10. He was found with 2.4 grams of marijuana and a glass pipe with residue.
· A woman, age and residence not released, was arrested for disorderly conduct/domestic violence related after a fight with a female relative at 10:50 p.m. Jan. 10. An Assistant District Attorney issued a no-process order Jan 12 and the woman's arrest was reduced to just disorderly conduct.
· A Whitefish Bay woman, age not released, was arrested for disorderly conduct/domestic violence related after she called police to report her boyfriend had attacked her at 5 p.m. Jan. 12. A investigation revealed that the woman was the primary attacker and she was the one arrested.
· A woman, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving and open intoxicants after a report of an erratic driver in the 5300 block of North Lake Drive at 7 p.m. Jan. 12. After police stopped the woman, she vomited and became unresponsive. She was taken to a hospital for treatment and a consensual blood draw.
NORTH SHORE FIRE DEPARTMENT
No reports available.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: May 21, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 14, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 7, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 30, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 23, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 16, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 9, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 2, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: March 26, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: March 19, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: March 12, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: March 5, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 26, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 19, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 12, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 5, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 29, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 22, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 15, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 8, 2015