Shorewood — Police are searching for a man suspected of robbing the TCF Bank in Shorewood late Tuesday morning.
According to an announcement from Shorewood police, the man entered the bank at 11:39 a.m. on Tuesday and announced that he had a hand grenade. He demanded money from a teller and handed over a red Sendik's bag. He told the teller not to give him a dye pack.
He made off on foot with an unknown amount of cash.
Police describe the man as white, about 5' 7", wearing a dark puffy waist-length jacket with the hood up and his face covered.
Anyone with information is encouraged to contact Shorewood police at (414) 847-2610.
- Solar energy interest is heating up in Shorewood
- Shorewood's former Village Pub will reopen in May as Cloud Red
- Shorewood schools cracking down on false addresses
- Shorewood postpones decision on police department
- DeBlois, Lipo Zovic win for Shorewood School Board
- Bockhorst, Rozek win Shorewood trustee seats
- Burgers, ice cream planned at new Shorewood restaurant (3)
- 'Ghost Train' fundraiser held at Shorewood Culver's
- Sheldon Wasserman returns to politics
- Facilities, finances at issue in Shorewood School Board race