Shorewood — Police are searching for a man suspected of robbing the TCF Bank in Shorewood late Tuesday morning.
According to an announcement from Shorewood police, the man entered the bank at 11:39 a.m. on Tuesday and announced that he had a hand grenade. He demanded money from a teller and handed over a red Sendik's bag. He told the teller not to give him a dye pack.
He made off on foot with an unknown amount of cash.
Police describe the man as white, about 5' 7", wearing a dark puffy waist-length jacket with the hood up and his face covered.
Anyone with information is encouraged to contact Shorewood police at (414) 847-2610.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Shorewood concert series debuts July 8
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- No injuries in Shorewood apartment fire
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- Shorewood hires Bryan Davis as superintendent
- Shorewood weighs in on Estabrook Dam debate
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015
- Frank Lloyd Wright house uncovered in Shorewood (2)
- GoPro Video: Watch Olympic cyclist Brent Emery take on a car in a race from Shorewood to downtown (13)
- Shorewood expands bike parking into street