Shorewood — Police are searching for a man suspected of robbing the TCF Bank in Shorewood late Tuesday morning.
According to an announcement from Shorewood police, the man entered the bank at 11:39 a.m. on Tuesday and announced that he had a hand grenade. He demanded money from a teller and handed over a red Sendik's bag. He told the teller not to give him a dye pack.
He made off on foot with an unknown amount of cash.
Police describe the man as white, about 5' 7", wearing a dark puffy waist-length jacket with the hood up and his face covered.
Anyone with information is encouraged to contact Shorewood police at (414) 847-2610.
- Shorewood group encourages shoppers to bring their own bag
- Shorewood Criterium Classic set for June 23
- Shorewood trustees approve new police department
- Video: Bicyclist beats car in race from Shorewood to downtown
- Race car driver Hobbs will compete against Olympic cyclist Emery in Rider vs. Driver challenge
- Art students' mural about race relations removed from Shorewood High School (1)
- Shorewood's Cloud Red softly opens its doors (1)
- Sex assault reported in Shorewood
- Shorewood students get 'once in a lifetime' opportunity to meet celebrity alumni
- Shorewood students get buzz cuts for cancer