Shorewood — Police are searching for a man suspected of robbing the TCF Bank in Shorewood late Tuesday morning.
According to an announcement from Shorewood police, the man entered the bank at 11:39 a.m. on Tuesday and announced that he had a hand grenade. He demanded money from a teller and handed over a red Sendik's bag. He told the teller not to give him a dye pack.
He made off on foot with an unknown amount of cash.
Police describe the man as white, about 5' 7", wearing a dark puffy waist-length jacket with the hood up and his face covered.
Anyone with information is encouraged to contact Shorewood police at (414) 847-2610.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News and notes
- Local businesses awakening after long winter
- News & Notes: April 9
- Police Report: April 8
- Election 2014: Spring 2014 North Shore election roundup
- Whitefish Bay, Shorewood pass referendums against "Citizens United" ruling
- Buzzell, Francour claim seats on Mequon-Thiensville School Board
- Mixed success for write-ins