Shorewood — Newcomer Wendy Daniell-Rhodes has been eliminated in the Tuesday primary election for the School Board.
Incumbents Paru Shah and Ruth Treisman led the field with 34.3 and 25.6 percent of the vote, respectively, followed by newcomers Gregg Davis with 18.2 percent, Margaret Schmidt with 14.7 percent, and Daniell-Rhodes with 6.9 percent.
Shah, Treisman, Davis and Schmidt will vie for two seats on the School Board in the coming April 1 spring election.
Results remain unofficial until certified by the Board of Canvassers (bold eliminated):
Paru Shah (i): 323
Ruth Treisman (i): 241
Gregg Davis: 171
Margaret Schmidt: 138
Wendy Daniell-Rhodes: 65
Of approximately 9,600 registered voters, about 5.3 percent turned out to vote.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Shorewood robbery suspects face charges
- Shorewood School District raises $1 million for STEAM programs
- Build-your-own pizza place coming to Shorewood next year
- Shorewood families want to host Syrian refugees
- Plensa sculpture in Shorewood will be altered to remove anti-Semitic phrases
- Shorewood School Board expresses opposition to assembly bill on transgender students (1)
- Shorewood native spending college semester paddling Mississippi River
- Shorewood High School Orchestra to play side-by-side with Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra
- Shorewood students highlight mental illness at Milwaukee Film Festival
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015