Shorewood — Newcomer Wendy Daniell-Rhodes has been eliminated in the Tuesday primary election for the School Board.
Incumbents Paru Shah and Ruth Treisman led the field with 34.3 and 25.6 percent of the vote, respectively, followed by newcomers Gregg Davis with 18.2 percent, Margaret Schmidt with 14.7 percent, and Daniell-Rhodes with 6.9 percent.
Shah, Treisman, Davis and Schmidt will vie for two seats on the School Board in the coming April 1 spring election.
Results remain unofficial until certified by the Board of Canvassers (bold eliminated):
Paru Shah (i): 323
Ruth Treisman (i): 241
Gregg Davis: 171
Margaret Schmidt: 138
Wendy Daniell-Rhodes: 65
Of approximately 9,600 registered voters, about 5.3 percent turned out to vote.
- Shorewood group encourages shoppers to bring their own bag
- Shorewood Criterium Classic set for June 23
- Shorewood trustees approve new police department
- Video: Bicyclist beats car in race from Shorewood to downtown
- Race car driver Hobbs will compete against Olympic cyclist Emery in Rider vs. Driver challenge
- Art students' mural about race relations removed from Shorewood High School (1)
- Shorewood's Cloud Red softly opens its doors (1)
- Sex assault reported in Shorewood
- Shorewood students get 'once in a lifetime' opportunity to meet celebrity alumni
- Shorewood students get buzz cuts for cancer