Shorewood — Newcomer Wendy Daniell-Rhodes has been eliminated in the Tuesday primary election for the School Board.
Incumbents Paru Shah and Ruth Treisman led the field with 34.3 and 25.6 percent of the vote, respectively, followed by newcomers Gregg Davis with 18.2 percent, Margaret Schmidt with 14.7 percent, and Daniell-Rhodes with 6.9 percent.
Shah, Treisman, Davis and Schmidt will vie for two seats on the School Board in the coming April 1 spring election.
Results remain unofficial until certified by the Board of Canvassers (bold eliminated):
Paru Shah (i): 323
Ruth Treisman (i): 241
Gregg Davis: 171
Margaret Schmidt: 138
Wendy Daniell-Rhodes: 65
Of approximately 9,600 registered voters, about 5.3 percent turned out to vote.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Shorewood residents feel shut out by school board participation policy
- Shorewood school budget nearly derailed over public comment policy change (4)
- Run DMC rapper Darryl McDaniels launches Clicks sneaker shop in Shorewood (1)
- Rob Reinhoffer resigns from Shorewood School Board
- Shorewood celebrates Lake Michigan Day with coaster contest
- Shorewood considers new police building
- Lake Drive mansion sets stage for fictional wedding drama
- Olson House brings Scandinavian furniture to Shorewood
- Tochi in Shorewood is closing
- Shorewood debates trick-or-treat times (1)