The Shorewood Village Board last night voted to waive $8,940 in building inspection fees for the Shorewood School District's renovation work taking place this spring and summer at the Shorewood High School physical education building.
The waiver is for permits associated with construction and erosion control. Plumbing and electrical permits were not included in the waiver.
Plans call for members of the village and school boards to discuss intergovernmental cooperative arrangements such as fee waivers at a future date.
Superintendent Blane McCann said he expects the renovations to be completed by Aug. 1 in anticipation of the fall sports season.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: July 31, 2014
- Four Democrats running to represent Shorewood
- Wauwatosa man killed in Menomonee Falls crash July 10
- Milwaukee's oldest house reopened
- Senior living center breaks ground in Shorewood
- Shorewood's new advancement officer pioneering a possible trend in school fundraising
- Software company gets $200K village loan
- North Shore Police Reports: July 10, 2014
- Video: Shorewood residents upset about six-story building
- North Shore Police Report: July 3, 2014