The Shorewood Village Board last night voted to waive $8,940 in building inspection fees for the Shorewood School District's renovation work taking place this spring and summer at the Shorewood High School physical education building.
The waiver is for permits associated with construction and erosion control. Plumbing and electrical permits were not included in the waiver.
Plans call for members of the village and school boards to discuss intergovernmental cooperative arrangements such as fee waivers at a future date.
Superintendent Blane McCann said he expects the renovations to be completed by Aug. 1 in anticipation of the fall sports season.
- Shorewood group encourages shoppers to bring their own bag
- Shorewood Criterium Classic set for June 23
- Shorewood trustees approve new police department
- Video: Bicyclist beats car in race from Shorewood to downtown
- Race car driver Hobbs will compete against Olympic cyclist Emery in Rider vs. Driver challenge
- Art students' mural about race relations removed from Shorewood High School (1)
- Shorewood's Cloud Red softly opens its doors (1)
- Sex assault reported in Shorewood
- Shorewood students get 'once in a lifetime' opportunity to meet celebrity alumni
- Shorewood students get buzz cuts for cancer