Two people suffered smoke inhalation because of a fire in a Shorewood apartment building Tuesday night, a North Shore Fire Department official said.
The fire was reported in a building at 1700 E. River Park Court shortly before 11 p.m., Battalion Chief Jeff Weigand said.
No other injuries were reported, but both smoke inhalation victims were taken to Columbia St. Mary's hospital on E. North Ave.; no conditions were available.
A Milwaukee County bus was called to the scene to provide temporary shelter for some residents who were forced out of their apartments, Weigand said. He thought some of those residents would not be allowed to return to their apartments tonight.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa man killed in Menomonee Falls crash July 10
- Milwaukee's oldest house reopened
- Senior living center breaks ground in Shorewood
- Shorewood's new advancement officer pioneering a possible trend in school fundraising
- Software company gets $200K village loan
- North Shore Police Reports: July 10, 2014
- Video: Shorewood residents upset about six-story building
- North Shore Police Report: July 3, 2014
- Nicolet alum pedaling against poverty
- Turning a village into a board game