Two people suffered smoke inhalation because of a fire in a Shorewood apartment building Tuesday night, a North Shore Fire Department official said.
The fire was reported in a building at 1700 E. River Park Court shortly before 11 p.m., Battalion Chief Jeff Weigand said.
No other injuries were reported, but both smoke inhalation victims were taken to Columbia St. Mary's hospital on E. North Ave.; no conditions were available.
A Milwaukee County bus was called to the scene to provide temporary shelter for some residents who were forced out of their apartments, Weigand said. He thought some of those residents would not be allowed to return to their apartments tonight.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News and notes
- Local businesses awakening after long winter
- News & Notes: April 9
- Police Report: April 8
- Election 2014: Spring 2014 North Shore election roundup
- Whitefish Bay, Shorewood pass referendums against "Citizens United" ruling
- Buzzell, Francour claim seats on Mequon-Thiensville School Board
- Mixed success for write-ins