Two people suffered smoke inhalation because of a fire in a Shorewood apartment building Tuesday night, a North Shore Fire Department official said.
The fire was reported in a building at 1700 E. River Park Court shortly before 11 p.m., Battalion Chief Jeff Weigand said.
No other injuries were reported, but both smoke inhalation victims were taken to Columbia St. Mary's hospital on E. North Ave.; no conditions were available.
A Milwaukee County bus was called to the scene to provide temporary shelter for some residents who were forced out of their apartments, Weigand said. He thought some of those residents would not be allowed to return to their apartments tonight.
- Solar energy interest is heating up in Shorewood
- Shorewood's former Village Pub will reopen in May as Cloud Red
- Shorewood schools cracking down on false addresses
- Shorewood postpones decision on police department
- DeBlois, Lipo Zovic win for Shorewood School Board
- Bockhorst, Rozek win Shorewood trustee seats
- Burgers, ice cream planned at new Shorewood restaurant (3)
- 'Ghost Train' fundraiser held at Shorewood Culver's
- Sheldon Wasserman returns to politics
- Facilities, finances at issue in Shorewood School Board race