Two people suffered smoke inhalation because of a fire in a Shorewood apartment building Tuesday night, a North Shore Fire Department official said.
The fire was reported in a building at 1700 E. River Park Court shortly before 11 p.m., Battalion Chief Jeff Weigand said.
No other injuries were reported, but both smoke inhalation victims were taken to Columbia St. Mary's hospital on E. North Ave.; no conditions were available.
A Milwaukee County bus was called to the scene to provide temporary shelter for some residents who were forced out of their apartments, Weigand said. He thought some of those residents would not be allowed to return to their apartments tonight.
- Milwaukee's first surf shop rides into Shorewood (3)
- Development is off the table in Wilson Drive discussions
- Bublr makes push for extra bike rental stations in Shorewood
- Three Lions Pub, Camp Bar allowed to have patio seating on the street
- Construction delayed on Shorewood ice cream shop (6)
- Shorewood group encourages shoppers to bring their own bag
- Shorewood Criterium Classic set for June 23
- Shorewood trustees approve new police department
- Video: Bicyclist beats car in race from Shorewood to downtown
- Race car driver Hobbs will compete against Olympic cyclist Emery in Rider vs. Driver challenge