Two people suffered smoke inhalation because of a fire in a Shorewood apartment building Tuesday night, a North Shore Fire Department official said.
The fire was reported in a building at 1700 E. River Park Court shortly before 11 p.m., Battalion Chief Jeff Weigand said.
No other injuries were reported, but both smoke inhalation victims were taken to Columbia St. Mary's hospital on E. North Ave.; no conditions were available.
A Milwaukee County bus was called to the scene to provide temporary shelter for some residents who were forced out of their apartments, Weigand said. He thought some of those residents would not be allowed to return to their apartments tonight.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Shorewood TIF district nears finish line
- North Shore Police Reports: March 5, 2015
- Construction begins on Shorewood Metro Market project
- Shorewood school superintendent is a finalist for West Allis-West Milwaukee job
- Shorewood pushes back school start time
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 26, 2015
- Shorewood teacher named Wisconsin VFW Middle School Teacher of the Year
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 19, 2015
- Shorewood parents express vote of no confidence in school administration (3)
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 12, 2015