Shorewood — The Village Board on Monday will consider boosting the Business Development Loan Fund to $500,000 from $100,000 and will consider lending $35,000 from the fund to a new bookstore.
Open Book, a cooperative, plans to open next month at 4093 N. Oakland Ave. That is the site of the former Harry W. Schwartz bookstore.
The interest rate on the bookstore's loan would be 0% for four years and 3% for six years.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News and notes
- Local businesses awakening after long winter
- News & Notes: April 9
- Police Report: April 8
- Election 2014: Spring 2014 North Shore election roundup
- Whitefish Bay, Shorewood pass referendums against "Citizens United" ruling
- Buzzell, Francour claim seats on Mequon-Thiensville School Board
- Mixed success for write-ins