Shorewood - The village Community Development Authority on Friday will consider giving a $102,500 loan to help North Star American Bistro move to a larger location.
The restaurant's application says the bistro has been run by Michael Stoner and Dan (Duffy) O'Neil since October 2004 at 4515 N. Oakland Ave. The bistro says its lease is expiring and it wants to move into a larger space in the Cornerstone Building, 4514 N. Oakland Ave.
The larger space would enable the restaurant to add five to 10 full- and part-time jobs, the application says.
The 10-year loan would be at 2% interest. It would be used to make improvements to the building and to buy equipment.
The restaurant is also requesting a $50,000 grant from the village for improvements to the building.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Shorewood school budget nearly derailed over public comment policy change (4)
- Run DMC rapper Darryl McDaniels launches Clicks sneaker shop in Shorewood (1)
- Rob Reinhoffer resigns from Shorewood School Board
- Shorewood celebrates Lake Michigan Day with coaster contest
- Shorewood considers new police building
- Lake Drive mansion sets stage for fictional wedding drama
- Olson House brings Scandinavian furniture to Shorewood
- Tochi in Shorewood is closing
- Shorewood debates trick-or-treat times (1)
- Shorewood gets its first tattoo shop, Positronic (3)