Shorewood - The village Community Development Authority on Friday will consider giving a $102,500 loan to help North Star American Bistro move to a larger location.
The restaurant's application says the bistro has been run by Michael Stoner and Dan (Duffy) O'Neil since October 2004 at 4515 N. Oakland Ave. The bistro says its lease is expiring and it wants to move into a larger space in the Cornerstone Building, 4514 N. Oakland Ave.
The larger space would enable the restaurant to add five to 10 full- and part-time jobs, the application says.
The 10-year loan would be at 2% interest. It would be used to make improvements to the building and to buy equipment.
The restaurant is also requesting a $50,000 grant from the village for improvements to the building.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Joanne Lipo Zovic appointed to Shorewood School Board
- Seniors invited to free retirement information programs at Shorewood Senior Resource Center
- Shorewood man thankful for Stars and Stripes Honor Flight
- Atwater School in Shorewood celebrates 100 years
- Shorewood High School sophomore catches a "lucky" break
- Six candidates apply for Shorewood school board seat
- Shorewood sketches details for plein air art festival
- Some Shorewood residents feel shut out by school board participation policy
- Shorewood school budget nearly derailed over public comment policy change (4)