Shorewood - The Village Board has approved more than $526,000 in grants to help retailers at two developments.
More than $400,000 will fund improvements in the retail portion of the Cornerstone development, which is on the site of a former gas station at 4514 N. Oakland Ave.
The Cornerstone stores and their grant amounts, according to details being presented to the board:
North Star Restaurant, $156,516; Alterra Coffee Roasters, $112,918; Ocean B'Lou, $72,481; and Thief Wine, $60,746.
The board also approved making $126,000 in façade grants for the commercial property at 2201-13 E. Capitol Drive.
The façade grants are to be used toward new windows, light fixtures, fencing and other improvements.
The businesses there include The City Market, North Shore Wheels, Gianelli's and McMenamin's. For the façade grants, $76,000 would come from a tax incremental finance account and $50,000 from the Business Improvement District.
- Shorewood group encourages shoppers to bring their own bag
- Shorewood Criterium Classic set for June 23
- Shorewood trustees approve new police department
- Video: Bicyclist beats car in race from Shorewood to downtown
- Race car driver Hobbs will compete against Olympic cyclist Emery in Rider vs. Driver challenge
- Art students' mural about race relations removed from Shorewood High School (1)
- Shorewood's Cloud Red softly opens its doors (1)
- Sex assault reported in Shorewood
- Shorewood students get 'once in a lifetime' opportunity to meet celebrity alumni
- Shorewood students get buzz cuts for cancer