Shorewood - The Village Board has approved more than $526,000 in grants to help retailers at two developments.
More than $400,000 will fund improvements in the retail portion of the Cornerstone development, which is on the site of a former gas station at 4514 N. Oakland Ave.
The Cornerstone stores and their grant amounts, according to details being presented to the board:
North Star Restaurant, $156,516; Alterra Coffee Roasters, $112,918; Ocean B'Lou, $72,481; and Thief Wine, $60,746.
The board also approved making $126,000 in façade grants for the commercial property at 2201-13 E. Capitol Drive.
The façade grants are to be used toward new windows, light fixtures, fencing and other improvements.
The businesses there include The City Market, North Shore Wheels, Gianelli's and McMenamin's. For the façade grants, $76,000 would come from a tax incremental finance account and $50,000 from the Business Improvement District.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Shorewood Library wants kids to 'Play, Learn, Grow'
- North Shore Police Reports: October 2, 2012
- North Shore Police Reports: September 25, 2014
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- Video: Aaron Rodgers surprises Shorewood neighborhood
- North Shore Police Reports: September 18, 2014
- Shorewood finalizes Metro Market development
- Larger brush strokes for Plein Air Festival
- North Shore Police Reports: September 11, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: September 4, 2014