Wellintel Inc., a Shorewood start-up developing an inexpensive system to give homeowners with wells more information than ever before about their water supply, has been chosen as a finalist in Imagine H2O's Global Water Start-up Competition.
Wellintel was one of 12 companies chosen from among 70 start-ups from 11 countries to advance in the competition. Imagine H2O's previous winners and finalists collectively represent one in every $10 of early-stage financing in the water sector, organizers said.
"This field is rapidly evolving and Imagine H2O is excited to be working with some of the most promising technology start-ups addressing the food and agriculture sector's water needs," said Scott Bryan, the San Francisco nonprofit's chief operating officer.
Wellintel will join the Imagine H2O Accelerator, which offers access to beta-testing customers and pilot partners, said Nick Hayes, Wellintel's president and co-founder. Finalists also will be competing in California for more than $200,000 in cash and in-kind services at Imagine H2O's Entrepreneurship Showcase and World Water Day celebration on March 18.
Imagine H2O said judges, who include experts from Google Ventures, Ecolab, and True North Venture Partners, selected finalists based on their commercial viability, customer value proposition, go to market strategy and financial plan.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Rumage Around column: A special performance
- North Shore Police Reports, Feb. 11, 2016
- Shorewood approves beekeeping ordinance
- Mistaken gun reports caused hourlong I-43 shutdown
- County Board Chair Lipscomb claims 43 parks in danger of being sold
- Video: Shorewood will present 'American Idiot' musical based on Green Day album
- North Shore Police Reports, Feb. 4, 2016
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in January
- North Shore Police Reports, Jan. 28, 2016
- Shorewood library hires new director