Five Shorewood players made the All-Woodland Conference softball team, including three who earned first-team honors.
Outfielder Caitlin Petersen, infielder Kaitlyn Wick and utility player Athena Naylor were voted to the first team, while pitcher Roxanne Kruger and catcher Helen Juffer earned second-team honors.
"I felt coming into the season we had a lot of players either new to the varsity or new to their position," Shorewood coach Dave Berghaus said. "So it was going to be a learning process.
"During the course of the season I saw the confidence build each time our players took the field. With only one senior (Kruger) leaving, this leaves us with a solid nucleus for next season."
Other members of the team were juniors Justine Chappa, Katie Juffer and Anna Herriges, sophomore Gabby Llave and freshmen Myra Werner, Rachael Settecase and Celia Carrol.
"As a coach I could not have asked for a better group of girls to work with," Berghaus said. "Their attitude and willingness to work hard was tremendous."
The Greyhounds were 8-13 overall and 5-11 in league play.
"This season was a big growing and learning year for our team," Kruger said. "We all worked really hard and grew a lot, which is evident in the way we played our regional game.
"My favorite thing about playing the last four years is how supportive the coaching staff and players have been."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mindful meditation comes to Mequon
- Two candidates seek single seat on Shorewood School Board
- Shorewood approves business district master plan
- Development creates divide
- Shorewood TIF district nears finish line
- Construction begins on Shorewood Metro Market project
- Shorewood pushes back school start time
- Shorewood school superintendent is a finalist for West Allis-West Milwaukee job
- Very low turnout reported in North Shore for primary election
- Shorewood teacher named Wisconsin VFW Middle School Teacher of the Year