Shorewood junior Malachi Krishok was named the team MVP after earning all-Woodland Conference honors.
Krishok was named a first-team all-North Division and second-team all-conference infielder.
Krishok hit .392 in conference play with a .530 on-base percentage while playing shortstop, pitcher and center field. He is Shorewood’s first all-conference performer since the Greyhounds moved to the Woodland Conference two years ago.
“He usually was one of the first players at practice and one of the last to leave,” Shorewood coach Tom Meyer said. “He demonstrated outstanding leadership both on and off the field.”
The Greyhounds finished 4-23, but Meyer still found positives in year three of a rebuilding process. The Greyhounds won one more game than a year ago, sweeping a three-game series with Wauwatosa West and upsetting Pewaukee.
“The measuring stick at this point in time is not victories or defeats,” he said, “but rather rests with the overall advancement of the program. In this realm there are positive as well as negative signs.”
Meyer said that a number of juniors have indicated they are committed to return next season.
“This is a key component to the future success of the program,” he said. “Only three seniors were on the squad this year, and added maturity in numbers is needed among the veterans for next year.”
Seniors John Harrison, Will McCann and Stephen Weyer were honorary captains. Junior Robert Duffy was named rookie of the year and junior Karl Gaebler was the most improved player. Junior Josh Rathkamp was named the outstanding pitcher and junior Patrick Sellars as the outstanding hitter.
- North Shore Police Reports: May 26, 2016
- Overturned truck closes I-43 at Brown Deer Road (UPDATED)
- Shorewood students get 'once in a lifetime' opportunity to meet celebrity alumni
- Shorewood students get buzz cuts for cancer
- Top beer gardens in the North Shore suburbs
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Shorewood officials reflect on economic growth (2)
- Shorewood High School presents 'South Pacific' this weekend
- North Shore Police Reports: May 19, 2016
- Traffic accident closes lane of I-43 northbound Friday afternoon