Two state qualifiers headline a group of nine returning letterwinners on this year’s Shorewood girls tennis team.
Senior state qualifiers Helen Juffer and Christi McLinn are back, as are seniors Leah Hargarten and Rosa McAvoy.
Junior letterwinners are Brie Keane and Lydia Hellwig and sophomores Emi Brahm, Charlotte Hanselmann and Lauren Kneisel.
"The four seniors will lead the team and play at the top of the singles and doubles lineups," Shorewood coach Margie Van Lieshout said.
Van Lieshout also expects contributions from incoming freshmen Mary Matoba, Annie Guadagnino and Deme Hellwig.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Election update
- Withdrawal still an option as Glendale awaits formula votes
- Shorewood recalculates tax bills after data entry error
- Election update: Dec. 3
- NSFD board passes funding formula
- Openings abound in spring elections
- River Hills on board with NSFD funding formula
- Shorewood taxes to increase slightly
- NSFD board delays formula, expulsion decisions as River Hills meeting looms
- River Hills could face expulsion from North Shore Fire Department