A year after surprising the state’s prep girls golf world by qualifying for state in its first season, the Whitefish Bay/Shorewood co-op is off to another good start by winning the Mukwonago Invite on Aug. 19.
“And we did that without our full varsity team,” coach Bryan Rech said. “We’re going to have a pretty strong team again. We lost (top player) Lauren Gault (to graduation) but we’re still in pretty good shape.”
The team has 12 girls out this fall and is led by four returnees from the eighth-place state squad. They include senior Grace Caird, junior Keeley Wallis and sophomores Molly Baron and Leslie Fuda.
Others competing for spots are sophomores Emma Caird, Maddie Mittelstadt and Katherine Matkom.
“The kids are excited about making another run at state,” Rech said, “and there was a lot of practicing going on over the summer.”
- North Shore Police Reports, July 28, 2016
- Milwaukee's first surf shop rides into Shorewood (3)
- Development is off the table in Wilson Drive discussions
- North Shore Police Reports, July 21, 2016
- NOW's user submitted stories, photos will be discontinued in early August
- Bublr makes push for extra bike rental stations in Shorewood
- North Shore Police Reports July 14, 2016
- Three Lions Pub, Camp Bar allowed to have patio seating on the street
- North Shore Police Reports, July 7, 2016
- North Shore farmers markets evolve with new offerings