A year after surprising the state’s prep girls golf world by qualifying for state in its first season, the Whitefish Bay/Shorewood co-op is off to another good start by winning the Mukwonago Invite on Aug. 19.
“And we did that without our full varsity team,” coach Bryan Rech said. “We’re going to have a pretty strong team again. We lost (top player) Lauren Gault (to graduation) but we’re still in pretty good shape.”
The team has 12 girls out this fall and is led by four returnees from the eighth-place state squad. They include senior Grace Caird, junior Keeley Wallis and sophomores Molly Baron and Leslie Fuda.
Others competing for spots are sophomores Emma Caird, Maddie Mittelstadt and Katherine Matkom.
“The kids are excited about making another run at state,” Rech said, “and there was a lot of practicing going on over the summer.”
- North Shore Police Reports, June 23, 2016
- Shorewood group encourages shoppers to bring their own bag
- North Shore Police Reports, June 16, 2016
- Shorewood Criterium Classic set for June 23
- North Shore locals will be on June 11 Stars and Stripes Honor Flight
- Ballots fill up for fall elections
- North Shore Police Reports, June 9, 2016
- Shorewood trustees approve new police department
- Video: Bicyclist beats car in race from Shorewood to downtown
- Race car driver Hobbs will compete against Olympic cyclist Emery in Rider vs. Driver challenge