Shorewood police said they took one man into custody after he allegedly threatened to bomb a courthouse and an assisted living facility Monday afternoon.
The man called police about 4 p.m. threatening to blow up the Shorewood municipal court and an unknown assisted living facility, later determined to be the River Park Apartments at 1600 and 1700 E. River Park Court. All buildings were evacuated and searched, with no evidence of a bomb. Residents were cleared to return to their homes about 6:30 p.m.
The man had been known to visit the apartments where police found him and arrested him without incident, police said. He is believed to have acted alone.
Milwaukee County buses were available to transport apartment residents after they were evacuated to Shorewood High School, but a police spokeswoman said all residents remained on the scene.
No one was injured.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Rumage Around column: A special performance
- North Shore Police Reports, Feb. 11, 2016
- Shorewood approves beekeeping ordinance
- Mistaken gun reports caused hourlong I-43 shutdown
- County Board Chair Lipscomb claims 43 parks in danger of being sold
- Video: Shorewood will present 'American Idiot' musical based on Green Day album
- North Shore Police Reports, Feb. 4, 2016
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in January
- North Shore Police Reports, Jan. 28, 2016
- Shorewood library hires new director