Shorewood — One man and three boys have been arrested in a robbery that occurred on Oak Leaf Trail on Thursday, Aug. 14.
A 37-year-old Shorewood man was riding his bike on the bike path when he was confronted by the four suspects just south of Capitol Drive. Shorewood police say the group pulled him off his bike, beat him and took his bicycle and backpack. The four were arrested after climbing a fence and walking through a back yard in the 3700 block of Morris Boulevard.
An 18-year-old man was transported to Milwaukee County Jail, and three juveniles — ages 12, 14 and 16 — were referred to Milwaukee County Children's Court. The Shorewood bicyclist received his property back and was not in need of medical attention.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Shorewood robbery suspects face charges
- Shorewood School District raises $1 million for STEAM programs
- Build-your-own pizza place coming to Shorewood next year
- Shorewood families want to host Syrian refugees
- Plensa sculpture in Shorewood will be altered to remove anti-Semitic phrases
- Shorewood School Board expresses opposition to assembly bill on transgender students (1)
- Shorewood native spending college semester paddling Mississippi River
- Shorewood High School Orchestra to play side-by-side with Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra
- Shorewood students highlight mental illness at Milwaukee Film Festival
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015