The Fox Point Village Board on Tuesday approved a request by organizers to use village streets in conjunction with a planned 5K run-walk in support of a child who has a form of leukemia.
Nine-year-old Audrey Parrott, who lives in the area, was recently diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia. In an effort to fund a portion of the mounting medical expenses, organizers are planning the run-walk at 9:30 a.m. Sunday near Stormonth Elementary School, 7301 N. Longacre Road.
While organizers were given permission to use village streets, the board did not act on a request to waive fees associated with the usage request. The village does not have an ordinance that speaks to an organization asking to use village streets free of charge.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Shorewood master plan moving forward
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 20, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 13, 2014
- Coyote concerns arise in Mequon (2)
- Shorewood passes sex offender rules
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 6, 2014
- Mod Gen sprouts new identity for Shorewood's Garden Room
- Shorewood residents weigh in on master plan proposal
- North Shore Police Reports: October 30, 2014
- Shorewood Intermediate School Principal Mark Harris dies after medical emergency