Brown Deer High School went into a 40-minute lockdown this morning after a staff member overheard a student remark a gun was in the school.
According to a release on the district website:
The staff member reported the remark to district administration and the Brown Deer Police Department was contacted. The building was put into lockdown at approximately 9:35 a.m. as per the district's safety protocol.
Students were released back to class at 10:15 a.m. after school staff and Brown Deer police completed a search of the school and determined there was no gun.
School administrators and police are following up and will take appropriate disciplinary action.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Shorewood to field senior living facility proposal
- News & Notes: June 19
- Shorewood bolsters ability to cite those who build without permits
- Police Report: June 17
- News & Notes: June 12
- NSFD's unfunded retirement liability looms
- Police Report: June 10
- Franklin officials tour Shorewood's business district
- News & Notes: June 5
- Shorewood Schools will add development director to roster