Shorewood — Incumbents Paru Shah and Ruth Treisman handily defended their seats on the Shorewood School Board, defeating challengers Gregg Davis and Margaret Schmidt.
Shah led the field with 41 percent of the vote, trailed by Treisman with 29 percent, Davis with 16 percent, and Schmidt with 14 percent.
The vote total remains unofficial until certified by the board of canvassers:
Paru Shah (i) 1,301
Ruth Treisman (i) 912
Gregg Davis (i) 496
Margaret Schmidt 443
Across Shorewood, voter turned was 20 percent.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Joanne Lipo Zovic appointed to Shorewood School Board
- Seniors invited to free retirement information programs at Shorewood Senior Resource Center
- Shorewood man thankful for Stars and Stripes Honor Flight
- Atwater School in Shorewood celebrates 100 years
- Shorewood High School sophomore catches a "lucky" break
- Six candidates apply for Shorewood school board seat
- Shorewood sketches details for plein air art festival
- Some Shorewood residents feel shut out by school board participation policy
- Shorewood school budget nearly derailed over public comment policy change (4)