Shorewood — Incumbents Paru Shah and Ruth Treisman handily defended their seats on the Shorewood School Board, defeating challengers Gregg Davis and Margaret Schmidt.
Shah led the field with 41 percent of the vote, trailed by Treisman with 29 percent, Davis with 16 percent, and Schmidt with 14 percent.
The vote total remains unofficial until certified by the board of canvassers:
Paru Shah (i) 1,301
Ruth Treisman (i) 912
Gregg Davis (i) 496
Margaret Schmidt 443
Across Shorewood, voter turned was 20 percent.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Shorewood School District raises $1 million for STEAM programs
- Build-your-own pizza place coming to Shorewood next year
- Shorewood families want to host Syrian refugees
- Plensa sculpture in Shorewood will be altered to remove anti-Semitic phrases
- Shorewood School Board expresses opposition to assembly bill on transgender students (1)
- Shorewood native spending college semester paddling Mississippi River
- Shorewood High School Orchestra to play side-by-side with Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra
- Shorewood students highlight mental illness at Milwaukee Film Festival
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Joanne Lipo Zovic appointed to Shorewood School Board