Shorewood — Incumbents Paru Shah and Ruth Treisman handily defended their seats on the Shorewood School Board, defeating challengers Gregg Davis and Margaret Schmidt.
Shah led the field with 41 percent of the vote, trailed by Treisman with 29 percent, Davis with 16 percent, and Schmidt with 14 percent.
The vote total remains unofficial until certified by the board of canvassers:
Paru Shah (i) 1,301
Ruth Treisman (i) 912
Gregg Davis (i) 496
Margaret Schmidt 443
Across Shorewood, voter turned was 20 percent.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Shorewood hires Burlington police chief to lead department
- Shorewood School Board asks legislators to increase school funding
- North Shore Police Reports: April 23, 2015
- Shorewood plants seed for farmers market
- North Shore Legion Hall gets a makeover
- 15-year-old boy attacked while walking in Shorewood
- North Shore Police Reports: April 16, 2015
- Tornado watch in effect
- Shorewood urges legislators to preserve Downer Woods (1)
- North Shore Police Reports: April 9, 2015