A man reported being the victim of a fraud after giving $200 to a stranger May 27.
According to the Shorewood police report:
A man approached another man at a Milwaukee Walmart store and told him a story and asked for money at 4:15 p.m. May 27.
The victim believed the man's story, drove him to the 4500 block of Oakland Avenue in Shorewood.
He gave the man $200, but he had the man sign a note saying the money would be repaid May 28.
When he didn't receive the money, he called police.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 18, 2014
- Shorewood apartment development gets $5.5 million in assistance
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 11, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 4, 2014
- Shorewood police chief to retire after 33 years
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 27, 2014
- Shorewood master plan moving forward
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 20, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 13, 2014
- Coyote concerns arise in Mequon (2)