A man reported being the victim of a fraud after giving $200 to a stranger May 27.
According to the Shorewood police report:
A man approached another man at a Milwaukee Walmart store and told him a story and asked for money at 4:15 p.m. May 27.
The victim believed the man's story, drove him to the 4500 block of Oakland Avenue in Shorewood.
He gave the man $200, but he had the man sign a note saying the money would be repaid May 28.
When he didn't receive the money, he called police.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Shorewood TIF district nears finish line
- North Shore Police Reports: March 5, 2015
- Construction begins on Shorewood Metro Market project
- Shorewood school superintendent is a finalist for West Allis-West Milwaukee job
- Shorewood pushes back school start time
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 26, 2015
- Shorewood teacher named Wisconsin VFW Middle School Teacher of the Year
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 19, 2015
- Shorewood parents express vote of no confidence in school administration (3)
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 12, 2015