A man reported being the victim of a fraud after giving $200 to a stranger May 27.
According to the Shorewood police report:
A man approached another man at a Milwaukee Walmart store and told him a story and asked for money at 4:15 p.m. May 27.
The victim believed the man's story, drove him to the 4500 block of Oakland Avenue in Shorewood.
He gave the man $200, but he had the man sign a note saying the money would be repaid May 28.
When he didn't receive the money, he called police.
- Shorewood group encourages shoppers to bring their own bag
- Shorewood Criterium Classic set for June 23
- Shorewood trustees approve new police department
- Video: Bicyclist beats car in race from Shorewood to downtown
- Race car driver Hobbs will compete against Olympic cyclist Emery in Rider vs. Driver challenge
- Art students' mural about race relations removed from Shorewood High School (1)
- Shorewood's Cloud Red softly opens its doors (1)
- Sex assault reported in Shorewood
- Shorewood students get 'once in a lifetime' opportunity to meet celebrity alumni
- Shorewood students get buzz cuts for cancer