A man reported being the victim of a fraud after giving $200 to a stranger May 27.
According to the Shorewood police report:
A man approached another man at a Milwaukee Walmart store and told him a story and asked for money at 4:15 p.m. May 27.
The victim believed the man's story, drove him to the 4500 block of Oakland Avenue in Shorewood.
He gave the man $200, but he had the man sign a note saying the money would be repaid May 28.
When he didn't receive the money, he called police.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Joanne Lipo Zovic appointed to Shorewood School Board
- Seniors invited to free retirement information programs at Shorewood Senior Resource Center
- Shorewood man thankful for Stars and Stripes Honor Flight
- Atwater School in Shorewood celebrates 100 years
- Shorewood High School sophomore catches a "lucky" break
- Six candidates apply for Shorewood school board seat
- Shorewood sketches details for plein air art festival
- Some Shorewood residents feel shut out by school board participation policy
- Shorewood school budget nearly derailed over public comment policy change (4)