A man reported being the victim of a fraud after giving $200 to a stranger May 27.
According to the Shorewood police report:
A man approached another man at a Milwaukee Walmart store and told him a story and asked for money at 4:15 p.m. May 27.
The victim believed the man's story, drove him to the 4500 block of Oakland Avenue in Shorewood.
He gave the man $200, but he had the man sign a note saying the money would be repaid May 28.
When he didn't receive the money, he called police.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: July 31, 2014
- Four Democrats running to represent Shorewood
- Wauwatosa man killed in Menomonee Falls crash July 10
- Milwaukee's oldest house reopened
- Senior living center breaks ground in Shorewood
- Shorewood's new advancement officer pioneering a possible trend in school fundraising
- Software company gets $200K village loan
- North Shore Police Reports: July 10, 2014
- Video: Shorewood residents upset about six-story building
- North Shore Police Report: July 3, 2014