A man reported being the victim of a fraud after giving $200 to a stranger May 27.
According to the Shorewood police report:
A man approached another man at a Milwaukee Walmart store and told him a story and asked for money at 4:15 p.m. May 27.
The victim believed the man's story, drove him to the 4500 block of Oakland Avenue in Shorewood.
He gave the man $200, but he had the man sign a note saying the money would be repaid May 28.
When he didn't receive the money, he called police.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Shorewood concert series debuts July 8
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- No injuries in Shorewood apartment fire
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- Shorewood hires Bryan Davis as superintendent
- Shorewood weighs in on Estabrook Dam debate
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015
- Frank Lloyd Wright house uncovered in Shorewood (2)
- GoPro Video: Watch Olympic cyclist Brent Emery take on a car in a race from Shorewood to downtown (13)
- Shorewood expands bike parking into street