A man reported being the victim of a fraud after giving $200 to a stranger May 27.
According to the Shorewood police report:
A man approached another man at a Milwaukee Walmart store and told him a story and asked for money at 4:15 p.m. May 27.
The victim believed the man's story, drove him to the 4500 block of Oakland Avenue in Shorewood.
He gave the man $200, but he had the man sign a note saying the money would be repaid May 28.
When he didn't receive the money, he called police.
- Solar energy interest is heating up in Shorewood
- Shorewood's former Village Pub will reopen in May as Cloud Red
- Shorewood schools cracking down on false addresses
- Shorewood postpones decision on police department
- DeBlois, Lipo Zovic win for Shorewood School Board
- Bockhorst, Rozek win Shorewood trustee seats
- Burgers, ice cream planned at new Shorewood restaurant (3)
- 'Ghost Train' fundraiser held at Shorewood Culver's
- Sheldon Wasserman returns to politics
- Facilities, finances at issue in Shorewood School Board race