A Glendale homeowner was treated for minor smoke inhalation early this morning after the North Shore Fire Department quelled a fire which had caused an estimated $80,000 in damages.
From an NSFD news release:
NSFD received a call at approximately 1:30 a.m. reporting a fire spreading from an attached garage at 2425 West Applewood Lane. Crews made an aggressive attack on the fire, keeping it from spreading further throughout the home.
As a result of the heavy fire and resources necessary to handle it, the incident commander upgraded the call to request area resources. A total of four engines, one ladder truck, two paramedic units and several command staff responded to the fire.
While fighting the fire, NSFD received aid from the Mequon, Thiensville, West Allis, Wauwatosa and Cedarburg fire departments to help with coverage.
The cause of the fire is unknown at this time.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Joanne Lipo Zovic appointed to Shorewood School Board
- Seniors invited to free retirement information programs at Shorewood Senior Resource Center
- Shorewood man thankful for Stars and Stripes Honor Flight
- Atwater School in Shorewood celebrates 100 years
- Shorewood High School sophomore catches a "lucky" break
- Six candidates apply for Shorewood school board seat
- Shorewood sketches details for plein air art festival
- Some Shorewood residents feel shut out by school board participation policy
- Shorewood school budget nearly derailed over public comment policy change (4)