Shorewood - Shorewood will convert about seven to 10 parking spots along Oakland Avenue near the high school to permit-only spaces during school days, with two-hour public parking available on nonschool days and Saturdays.
The Shorewood Village Board on Tuesday adopted an ordinance specifying that only vehicles displaying a Shorewood High School parking permit, issued to the high school for students by the Police Department, will be allowed to park on certain parts of Oakland Avenue from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday on regular school days.
The ordinance applies to the stretch of Oakland beginning 15 feet north of Shorewood Boulevard and extending about 120 feet further north on the east side of the street, and from about 15 feet south of Shorewood Boulevard to a point approximately 80 feet south thereof on the west side.
The spots in that area were previously restricted as two-hour public parking spaces between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m., excluding Sundays and holidays. Those restrictions would remain in effect for the affected spots on Saturdays and nonschool days.
The ordinance will take effect as soon as the new signs are posted, Village Manager Chris Swartz said.
- Julie Becker, correspondent
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: May 28, 2015
- People with dementia find friends at memory café in Shorewood
- North Shore Police Reports: May 21, 2015
- Fire at Shorewood apartment building likely caused by unattended candle
- North Shore Police Reports: May 14, 2015
- Sydney b. opens second store in Shorewood
- Winter's not through with us yet
- North Shore Police Reports: May 7, 2015
- Shorewood principal retires after 24 years
- Shorewood rehab facility to reopen with new approach