Shorewood — Police have arrested a suspect in the murder of 57-year-old Clarence W. Charles, who was found dead in his Shorewood apartment July 16.
A Shorewood police officer said the department will refer charges to the District Attorney Friday afternoon. The murder is Shorewood's first in 20 years.
Shorewood police are asking for help locating Charles' car, which they say the suspect stole. The vehicle is described as a silver, two-door, 2002 Chevrolet Blazer Sport Utility Vehicle, with the license plate 109-UWE.
Police are requesting that anyone who sights the vehicle not approach it or contact the driver, but rather contact the Shorewood Police Department immediately at (414) 847-2610.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: April 9
- Police Report: April 8
- Election 2014: Spring 2014 North Shore election roundup
- Whitefish Bay, Shorewood pass referendums against "Citizens United" ruling
- Buzzell, Francour claim seats on Mequon-Thiensville School Board
- Mixed success for write-ins
- Engineering for Kids brings basics of science to North Shore youth
- Siegel narrowly hangs on to Whitefish Bay presidency