Shorewood — Police have arrested a suspect in the murder of 57-year-old Clarence W. Charles, who was found dead in his Shorewood apartment July 16.
A Shorewood police officer said the department will refer charges to the District Attorney Friday afternoon. The murder is Shorewood's first in 20 years.
Shorewood police are asking for help locating Charles' car, which they say the suspect stole. The vehicle is described as a silver, two-door, 2002 Chevrolet Blazer Sport Utility Vehicle, with the license plate 109-UWE.
Police are requesting that anyone who sights the vehicle not approach it or contact the driver, but rather contact the Shorewood Police Department immediately at (414) 847-2610.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Some Shorewood residents feel shut out by school board participation policy
- Shorewood school budget nearly derailed over public comment policy change (4)
- Run DMC rapper Darryl McDaniels launches Clicks sneaker shop in Shorewood (1)
- Rob Reinhoffer resigns from Shorewood School Board
- Shorewood celebrates Lake Michigan Day with coaster contest
- Shorewood considers new police building
- Lake Drive mansion sets stage for fictional wedding drama
- Olson House brings Scandinavian furniture to Shorewood
- Tochi in Shorewood is closing
- Shorewood debates trick-or-treat times (1)