Shorewood — Police have arrested a suspect in the murder of 57-year-old Clarence W. Charles, who was found dead in his Shorewood apartment July 16.
A Shorewood police officer said the department will refer charges to the District Attorney Friday afternoon. The murder is Shorewood's first in 20 years.
Shorewood police are asking for help locating Charles' car, which they say the suspect stole. The vehicle is described as a silver, two-door, 2002 Chevrolet Blazer Sport Utility Vehicle, with the license plate 109-UWE.
Police are requesting that anyone who sights the vehicle not approach it or contact the driver, but rather contact the Shorewood Police Department immediately at (414) 847-2610.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Joanne Lipo Zovic appointed to Shorewood School Board
- Seniors invited to free retirement information programs at Shorewood Senior Resource Center
- Shorewood man thankful for Stars and Stripes Honor Flight
- Atwater School in Shorewood celebrates 100 years
- Shorewood High School sophomore catches a "lucky" break
- Six candidates apply for Shorewood school board seat
- Shorewood sketches details for plein air art festival
- Some Shorewood residents feel shut out by school board participation policy
- Shorewood school budget nearly derailed over public comment policy change (4)