Shorewood — Police have arrested a suspect in the murder of 57-year-old Clarence W. Charles, who was found dead in his Shorewood apartment July 16.
A Shorewood police officer said the department will refer charges to the District Attorney Friday afternoon. The murder is Shorewood's first in 20 years.
Shorewood police are asking for help locating Charles' car, which they say the suspect stole. The vehicle is described as a silver, two-door, 2002 Chevrolet Blazer Sport Utility Vehicle, with the license plate 109-UWE.
Police are requesting that anyone who sights the vehicle not approach it or contact the driver, but rather contact the Shorewood Police Department immediately at (414) 847-2610.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Shorewood robbery suspects face charges
- Shorewood School District raises $1 million for STEAM programs
- Build-your-own pizza place coming to Shorewood next year
- Shorewood families want to host Syrian refugees
- Plensa sculpture in Shorewood will be altered to remove anti-Semitic phrases
- Shorewood School Board expresses opposition to assembly bill on transgender students (1)
- Shorewood native spending college semester paddling Mississippi River
- Shorewood High School Orchestra to play side-by-side with Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra
- Shorewood students highlight mental illness at Milwaukee Film Festival
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015