Shorewood — Police are searching for a man suspected of robbing the TCF Bank in Shorewood late Tuesday morning.
According to an announcement from Shorewood police, the man entered the bank at 11:39 a.m. on Tuesday and announced that he had a hand grenade. He demanded money from a teller and handed over a red Sendik's bag. He told the teller not to give him a dye pack.
He made off on foot with an unknown amount of cash.
Police describe the man as white, about 5' 7", wearing a dark puffy waist-length jacket with the hood up and his face covered.
Anyone with information is encouraged to contact Shorewood police at (414) 847-2610.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Shorewood approves beekeeping ordinance
- Video: Shorewood will present 'American Idiot' musical based on Green Day album
- Shorewood library hires new director
- Shorewood School District will gather community input at 'summit' events
- Shorewood man allegedly slammed infant son on couch
- Plensa's 'Spillover II' sculpture returns to Atwater Park in Shorewood
- Artist Jaume Plensa insists on altering Shorewood sculpture
- Shorewood may allow urban beekeeping
- Joynt could be Shorewood's choice as curriculum director
- Waxwing boutique gift shop flies away from Shorewood (1)