Shorewood — Vero Beach, Fla.-based senior living firm Harbor Retirement Associates is proposing a senior living facility on the former Pig N' Whistle and Sherburn Place Apartments sites on Capitol Drive on the village's western edge.
The facility, according to a village news release, would provide both assisted living and memory care.
In 2008, Virginia-based Sunrise Senior Living proposed an 83-unit assisted living center. Illinois-based Pathway Senior Living in 2010 also proposed an 80-100 unit development. Both proposals eventually fell though.
Though she couldn't offer details, Planning and Zoning Director Ericka Lang said HRA's proposal will likely be similar to the 2008 and 2010 proposals.
The Plan Commission will have its first look at the site plans for the project, located in the village's third tax incremental financing district, next week, Lange said. The proposal will have to go through the Plan Commission, Village Board and Community Development Authority in what Lange described as a three-month process, with a fleshed out development agreement emerging by the end of August.
In the news release, Village Mananger Chris Swartz described the proposal as "good and attractive" for the village.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Three candidates seek Cobb's old seat on Shorewood School Board
- Shorewood tries Expeditionary Learning
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 29, 2015
- Shorewood's Waxwing will stay open
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 22, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 15, 2015
- Shorewood boutique The Waxwing to close
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 8, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 1, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 25, 2014