The Shorewood village board last night agreed to a conceptual plan that calls for putting security fencing at the top of the bluff area at Atwater Park.
The proposal is in response to security and vandalism concerns that have been raised in recent years during periods of time when the park is closed.
The specific design and placement of the fencing is still under consideration. It will likely be installed in June.
Public works or police staff will likely lock a gate each night and open it each morning.
Village Manager Chris Swartz said another option - a timer that would lock and unlock a gate to the park - is also under consideration.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Shorewood TIF district nears finish line
- North Shore Police Reports: March 5, 2015
- Construction begins on Shorewood Metro Market project
- Shorewood school superintendent is a finalist for West Allis-West Milwaukee job
- Shorewood pushes back school start time
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 26, 2015
- Shorewood teacher named Wisconsin VFW Middle School Teacher of the Year
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 19, 2015
- Shorewood parents express vote of no confidence in school administration (3)
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 12, 2015