The Shorewood village board last night agreed to a conceptual plan that calls for putting security fencing at the top of the bluff area at Atwater Park.
The proposal is in response to security and vandalism concerns that have been raised in recent years during periods of time when the park is closed.
The specific design and placement of the fencing is still under consideration. It will likely be installed in June.
Public works or police staff will likely lock a gate each night and open it each morning.
Village Manager Chris Swartz said another option - a timer that would lock and unlock a gate to the park - is also under consideration.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Three candidates seek Cobb's old seat on Shorewood School Board
- Shorewood tries Expeditionary Learning
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 29, 2015
- Shorewood's Waxwing will stay open
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 22, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 15, 2015
- Shorewood boutique The Waxwing to close
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 8, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 1, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 25, 2014