St. Robert Parish School, 2200 E. Capitol Drive in Shorewood, will continue to celebrate its centennial with a life-sized bronze statue of patron Saint Robert of Newminster.
Bishop Emeritus Richard J. Sklba will bless the statue at a special mass at 4:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 1.
The project was initiated and commissioned by St. Robert Pastor Rev. Dennis Dirkx, and made by Shorewood resident and fourth-generation parishioner John A. Balistreri, who is an artist and graphics teacher at Messmer High School and operates a fine art gallery in Door County.
For more information, contact Lisa Lesjak at (414) 332-1164 ext. 302 or email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Shorewood robbery suspects face charges
- Shorewood School District raises $1 million for STEAM programs
- Build-your-own pizza place coming to Shorewood next year
- Shorewood families want to host Syrian refugees
- Plensa sculpture in Shorewood will be altered to remove anti-Semitic phrases
- Shorewood School Board expresses opposition to assembly bill on transgender students (1)
- Shorewood native spending college semester paddling Mississippi River
- Shorewood High School Orchestra to play side-by-side with Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra
- Shorewood students highlight mental illness at Milwaukee Film Festival
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015