Two Shorewood incumbents have decided to seek re-election in the April 3 election. Two positions on the Village Board, and the village president and municipal judge positions will be filled in the election.
Donal Demet, municipal judge since 1997, will seek another three-year term. Demet, 55, lives at 3532 N Frederick Ave. He and his wife Mary, an elementary teacher at St. Robert School, have six children ages 13 to 27. Demet earned a bachelor of arts and J. D. degrees at Marquette University and an LL.M, master's of law from New York University.
He is an attorney practicing at Demet & Demet. The judge serves a three-year term and earns $5,000 per year.
Incumbent Trustee Jeff Hanewall will also seek another three-year term on the Village Board. Hanewall, 46, is completing his sixth year on the board. Married with one son, he lives with his family at 2414 E Jarvis St. He has a bachelor's degree in Business Administration and a master's degree in architecture. He is a project manager with Engberg Anderson. Trustees serve three-year terms and earn $1,000 a year.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Joanne Lipo Zovic appointed to Shorewood School Board
- Seniors invited to free retirement information programs at Shorewood Senior Resource Center
- Shorewood man thankful for Stars and Stripes Honor Flight
- Atwater School in Shorewood celebrates 100 years
- Shorewood High School sophomore catches a "lucky" break
- Six candidates apply for Shorewood school board seat
- Shorewood sketches details for plein air art festival
- Some Shorewood residents feel shut out by school board participation policy
- Shorewood school budget nearly derailed over public comment policy change (4)