Clearing up some confusion, officials at the host school Brookfield Central stated Friday that the WIAA girls golf sectional at Wanaki Golf Course in Menomonee Falls will be played on Tuesday, Oct. 5 at 9 a.m.and not Thursday, Oct. 7 as previously reported.
The meet, which includes the Whitefish Bay/Shorewood team as well as individual qualifier Amy Hurwitz of Nicolet, will send the top two teams and first three individuals not on those teams to the WIAA State Tournament at University Ridge in Verona, Oct. 11 and 12. Other area competitors include the Brookfield East and Central teams as well as Wauwatosa's Carly Herald.
DSHA won the regional qualifying meet last Thursday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sports Shorts: May 21
- Homestead has just enough depth to pull away for fifth North Shore tennis title
- Greyhound boys win D2 track regional, girls second
- Cooperation helped Whitefish Bay softball tourney work despite weather
- Veteran Shorewood netters claim Woodland dual meet crown
- Sports wraps: May 15
- Shorewood thinclads combine for eight firsts in Woodland Outdoor track
- NSC tennis race too close to call as tourney looms this weekend
- OUR TAKE
- Sports Shorts: May 7