Citing the need to spend more time with his family, veteran Shorewood boys volleyball coach Kevin Gemignani has decided to step down from his position.
"It is time to spend my fall afternoons, weekday dinners and Saturdays with my family," he wrote in a mass e-mail on Monday. "In fact, I am typing this e-mail with my daughter, Giana, sitting on my lap, and I am very happy."
Gemignani, who led the Greyhounds to a Woodland Conference championship last fall as well as WIAA state tournament berths in 2000, 2001 and 2005, said that all scheduled commitments for the 2013 season will be honored.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Woodland champion Shorewood girls basketball team looks for third title
- Jorn finishes swimming career well, leads Shorewood to 11th at state
- 'Mighty four' earn eight state swim entries for Shorewood
- Shorewood girls swim team wins 10th Woodland title in a row
- Shorewood girls cross-country team shows toughness, takes second at state
- Whitefish Bay boys volleyball team rallies to beat Shorewood
- Shorewood cross-country teams back to state meet with a vengeance
- Sport Shorts: Oct. 15, 2015
- Shorewood/Messmer football team dominates Brown Deer upfront, 49-0
- Energized Shorewood swimmers just miss in Woodland meet