Citing the need to spend more time with his family, veteran Shorewood boys volleyball coach Kevin Gemignani has decided to step down from his position.
"It is time to spend my fall afternoons, weekday dinners and Saturdays with my family," he wrote in a mass e-mail on Monday. "In fact, I am typing this e-mail with my daughter, Giana, sitting on my lap, and I am very happy."
Gemignani, who led the Greyhounds to a Woodland Conference championship last fall as well as WIAA state tournament berths in 2000, 2001 and 2005, said that all scheduled commitments for the 2013 season will be honored.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sports wrapups: March 4
- Sports wrapups: Feb. 25
- Bay cruises to league gymnastics title, Homestead third
- Boys basketball: East's Wheeler's free throws lead to upset of Shorewood
- Korolev and Perry lead Shorewood tankers to fourth at state
- Shorewood girls win first hoops title in 42 years
- Sports wrapups: Feb. 18
- Shorewood swimmers win sectional, advance 15 entries to state
- Signing day a success big and small all over the North Shore
- Power in numbers, Shorewood swimmers win Woodland with depth