Citing the need to spend more time with his family, veteran Shorewood boys volleyball coach Kevin Gemignani has decided to step down from his position.
"It is time to spend my fall afternoons, weekday dinners and Saturdays with my family," he wrote in a mass e-mail on Monday. "In fact, I am typing this e-mail with my daughter, Giana, sitting on my lap, and I am very happy."
Gemignani, who led the Greyhounds to a Woodland Conference championship last fall as well as WIAA state tournament berths in 2000, 2001 and 2005, said that all scheduled commitments for the 2013 season will be honored.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Area swim teams perform well at State Small Schools
- Shorewood girls basketball team roars past Tosa West, keeps Woodland lead
- Fun-loving Shorewood girls basketball team routs Tosa West, 60-34
- Stackhouse enters Shorewood hoops family club
- Shorewood girls begin run towards third Woodland title
- Brown Deer boys basketball team cruises past Shorewood, 107-79
- Shorewood swimmers post two strong invite finishes
- Shorewood's depth secures Woodland boys swimming relay title
- Defense-minded Shorewood boys basketball team still able to score
- Woodland champion Shorewood girls basketball team looks for third title