Citing the need to spend more time with his family, veteran Shorewood boys volleyball coach Kevin Gemignani has decided to step down from his position.
"It is time to spend my fall afternoons, weekday dinners and Saturdays with my family," he wrote in a mass e-mail on Monday. "In fact, I am typing this e-mail with my daughter, Giana, sitting on my lap, and I am very happy."
Gemignani, who led the Greyhounds to a Woodland Conference championship last fall as well as WIAA state tournament berths in 2000, 2001 and 2005, said that all scheduled commitments for the 2013 season will be honored.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Eisenhower girls beat Shorewood, 50-32
- Shorewood girls narrowly miss out on title in own basketball tourney
- Anxious to play, Shorewood girls building on title season
- Munson leaves Shorewood swim a champion and a leader
- Messwood football team finished optimistically
- Shorewood's Munson looking for more state swim glory
- Florsheim and Shorewood boys take second in state CC
- Youthful Shorewood tankers win league title number nine
- Harris a loss to the Shorewood athletic family, to everyone
- Shorewood CC teams advance to state amidst sorrow