Citing the need to spend more time with his family, veteran Shorewood boys volleyball coach Kevin Gemignani has decided to step down from his position.
"It is time to spend my fall afternoons, weekday dinners and Saturdays with my family," he wrote in a mass e-mail on Monday. "In fact, I am typing this e-mail with my daughter, Giana, sitting on my lap, and I am very happy."
Gemignani, who led the Greyhounds to a Woodland Conference championship last fall as well as WIAA state tournament berths in 2000, 2001 and 2005, said that all scheduled commitments for the 2013 season will be honored.
- Shorewood's Florsheim overcomes injuries to earn one final state medal
- Shorewood relay reaches potential, earns second at state
- Shorewood boys to send four entries to state track meet
- Stackhouse led Greyhound girls basketball team to great things
- Seniors helped set new standards for Shorewood girls basketball team
- Perry leads Shorewood swimmers to second in state
- Girls basketball: Shorewood girls claim third straight Woodland crown
- Shorewood swimmers aim for D2 state trophy
- Champion Shorewood girls basketball team beats Cudahy, 66-57
- Shorewood girls basketball team closing in on third straight Woodland title