Citing the need to spend more time with his family, veteran Shorewood boys volleyball coach Kevin Gemignani has decided to step down from his position.
"It is time to spend my fall afternoons, weekday dinners and Saturdays with my family," he wrote in a mass e-mail on Monday. "In fact, I am typing this e-mail with my daughter, Giana, sitting on my lap, and I am very happy."
Gemignani, who led the Greyhounds to a Woodland Conference championship last fall as well as WIAA state tournament berths in 2000, 2001 and 2005, said that all scheduled commitments for the 2013 season will be honored.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Shorewood baseball team struggles with youth
- Football coach Drake Zortman leaves Shorewood/Messmer for Homestead (2)
- After win over Falcons, Shorewood baseball team has rough week
- Shorewood's Morris makes state golf trip memorable
- Muskego boys relay team captures WIAA Division 1 state championship
- Back to the future, Nicolet boys cruise to NSC tennis title
- Shorewood's Stackhouse earns repeat Now All-Suburban berth
- Girls basketball: Shorewood girls can't hang with Pius
- Shorewood boys basketball team beats Madison in regional, 63-60
- Shorewood girls basketball team beats Bay for regional title, 52-40