The Greyhounds finished second with 441 points behind New Berlin Eisenhower/West's 462 at the Woodland Conference meet at Cudahy on Feb. 7.
"The team and I were feeling high-spirited after the meet," Shorewood coach Rob McCabe said. "We scored points in 25 of the 27 entries. It took those kinds of swims from our guys to finish second.
"This team finish is credit to the taper swimmers like Chris Tonellato, Kevin Weisling, Andrew Eder, Charlie Hawks and Aiden Sperry who, by their time drops, really kind of wowed the other guys and that kept them fired up all throughout the meet."
The 200-yard medley relay of Kasmir Bohannon, Asher Kaufman, Stephen Meyer and Karl Weisling had Shorewood's top finish, taking second in 1 minute, 45.53 seconds.
Bohannon in the 200 freestyle (1:52.05), Meyer in the 100 backstroke (56.14) and Weisling in the 500 free (5:05.99) all finished third with season-best times. The 200 free relay team of Jay Tomasiewicz, Kaufman, Isaac Flegel-Mishlove and Arthur Staub was also third with a season-best 1:36.61.
The 400 free relay of Bohannon, Weisling, Tomasiewicz and Meyer (3:29.71), Meyer in the 100 butterfly (55.91), Weisling in the 200 free (1:52.75) and Mike Ross in the 200 individual medley (2:14.10) all finished fourth.
Brown Deer/University School
While its junior varsity team won its second straight Woodland Conference title, the Brown Deer/University School co-op varsity scored 213 points for sixth at Cudahy on Feb. 7.
The co-ops best efforts were four top-seven finishes.
The 200 free relay of Rob Davis, Drew Jones, John Machulak and Steve Lillie swam sixth in 1:39.91.
Collin Rice was seventh in diving with 260.3 points, as was Lillie in the 200 individual medley (2:23.16) and the 400 free relay of Machulak, Stephen Grambow, Jones and Davis (3:43.41).
The Falcons will be at the WIAA Division 2 sectional at Plymouth on Saturday, Feb. 14.
The winner of each event plus all those whose performances are among the next 12 best statewide of all sectionals will advance to the WIAA state meet in Madison on Feb. 20.
- Steven L. Tietz
and Tom "Sky" Skibosh,
- Stackhouse led Greyhound girls basketball team to great things
- Seniors helped set new standards for Shorewood girls basketball team
- Perry leads Shorewood swimmers to second in state
- Girls basketball: Shorewood girls claim third straight Woodland crown
- Shorewood swimmers aim for D2 state trophy
- Champion Shorewood girls basketball team beats Cudahy, 66-57
- Shorewood girls basketball team closing in on third straight Woodland title
- Shorewood boys swimming team uses depth to win fourth league title
- Area swim teams perform well at State Small Schools
- Shorewood girls basketball team roars past Tosa West, keeps Woodland lead