Anger Management Class Offered for Parents
Families learn how to handle anger through “Fireworks”
Milwaukee, Wis. – The Parenting Network offers Fireworks: An Effective New Approach to Dealing with Anger for parents and adults this fall. The goals of Fireworks are to help participants better understand the emotion of anger, learn how to manage anger constructively and learn to effectively handle other people’s anger. Fireworks is designed to help parents think in new ways about anger through group discussion, role-play and journaling.
“I learned more about myself and how to work with my family,” wrote one Fireworks participant, “After the first few weeks, I could see myself changing in many ways. I look at myself as a bigger and better person because of this experience.”
This ten-session class will be held on Thursday from 6:00-8:00 p.m. beginning September 9 and running through November 18. Class is not scheduled for October 7. Class meets at The Parenting Network at 7516 W. Burleigh St., Milwaukee. Fireworks is taught by a therapist and social worker with over 30 years experience working with individuals and families.
To register for Fireworks, call Christy or Tom at The Parenting Network at 414/671-5575. The cost for Fireworks is $100 per individual, or $150 per couple. For more information about The Parenting Network, please visit www.theparentingnetwork.org.
# # #
Since 1977, The Parenting Network has served families throughout the greater Milwaukee community through its mission to strengthen parenting and to prevent child abuse. Services are provided:
• At Home – home visiting and case management services for any family in need
• At School – healthy relationship education to prevent sexual violence and teen pregnancy; parenting education for expectant and parenting teens
• In the Community – confidential Parent Helpline and a wide variety of parenting education and support classes and groups developed for specific parenting populations at sites throughout Milwaukee County
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Shakespeare in Shorewood
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Newcastle Place staff completes training for Heartfelt Connections Memory Care Program
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- North Shore Suzuki Strings celebrates 25th anniversary
- Capuchin Friar Visits Catholic East for Vocation Day
- Alverno College Will Hold its 151st Commencement on May 22 and 23
- Lunch and Edelweiss Boat Tour
- American Cancer Society Seeks Teams for Relay For Life of Milwaukee on June 19