Grassroots North Shore announces that based on a poll of its membership, the organization will be endorsing candidate Chris Moews in the Democratic primary for Milwaukee County Sheriff. This is the first time the organization has endorsed a candidate in a primary.
According to Keith Schmitz, coordinator for Grassroots North Shore, “We feel that based on his record of competence and leadership with the Milwaukee Police Department, Chris Moews would improve the operation of the Sheriff’s department.”
“Thanks to the efforts of the MPD, crime is down in Milwaukee and Chris has played a major role in delivering greater security to the community.”
Chris’ 16-year career with the MPD has led to his current position, supervising the late shift of the Homicide Division. During his off-hours he has been immersed in a variety of community activities.
“We feel his ability to be a consensus builder would be a refreshing change for the Sheriff’s department. On top of that, as a organization representing Milwaukee North Shore progressives, we are compelled to support a real Democrat as county sheriff and someone who supports our values.”
Grassroots North Shore will be urging its members to contribute to the campaign and help Moews win the nomination.
Grassroots North Shore is the progressive voice for the communities of Bayside, Brown Deer, Fox Point, Glendale, Shorewood and Whitefish Bay. For more information, visit www.grassrootsnorthshore.org.
- The Comedy of Errors
- County Parks Offers Free Chess Camps
- Small Appliances Make a Big Impact at Appliance Gallery
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo
- Zoom into Nano Opens Big at Discovery World
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- Career and Technical Workshop for Educators to be Held at MATC's Mequon Campus June 14-16
- Free Showing of "The Intern"
- Big Cedar Lake Resorts & Businesses
- WAUKESHA CHOCOLATE FACTORY TO SUPPORT THIS TIME TOMORROW FOUNDATION