BROOKFIELD, Wis. – North Shore Bank today announced it would make available up to $10 million in special, low-interest disaster recovery loans to repair water damage to businesses and homes affected by recent torrential rains and flooding in Milwaukee and Waukesha counties. Qualified businesses and homeowners can borrow up to $25,000, with a rate of 5 percent.
“Heavy rains and flooding from the past month have really wreaked havoc on so many people in our area, and we wanted to do something to help,” said Michael A. Kellman, vice president of lending for North Shore Bank. “Sometimes, in situations like these, it’s hard to know where to start, and when it comes to your livelihood, it’s an emotional journey. We want to be a source for Milwaukee and Waukesha County home and business owners when it comes to asking questions, getting help and moving toward a positive solution.”
The program will be available until September 30, 2010, and North Shore Bank will work with local government and private organizations to identify families and businesses that may benefit from the program. Individuals interested in applying for a disaster recovery loan can call North Shore Bank toll-free at (877) 672-2265 or visit one of the bank’s Southeast Wisconsin branches. A complete list of branch locations is available at www.northshorebank.com.
North Shore Bank, headquartered in Brookfield, is one of the strongest banks in the country. It has assets of over $1.7 billion and 44 offices throughout eastern Wisconsin and northeastern Illinois. Current Wisconsin branch locations are in metro Milwaukee, Racine, Kenosha, Appleton, Menasha, the Green Bay area, Burlington, Union Grove, Ozaukee and Door Counties. To find an office, visit northshorebank.com. You can also follow North Shore Bank on Facebook and Twitter.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Miss West Allis/New Berlin Scholarship Program
- Spring Fling Family Dance Workshop
- Daddy & Daughter Dance Party
- Bartelt Named "Best of Houzz 2015"
- St. Robert Annual Pancake Breakfast/School Open House this Sunday
- Bartelt Wins Two Gold Wisconsin Remodeler of the Year Awards
- MCW to host community mental health series
- Shorewood School District to Participate in National Day of Service
- 2015 Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show Scheduled
- Vision scientists to explore causes of vision loss in albinism