The Literacy Services of Wisconsin book sale returns to Shorewood September 16-19. The sale will be held at the old Harry W. Schwartz Book store at 4093 N. Oakland, Thursday - Sunday from 9:00 - 6:00 p.m. Tens of thousands of books will be offered. Categories include fiction, mystery, sports, humanities, art, young adult, children's, history, cooking, health, and travel. All hard backs are $2, paperbacks, $1 unless otherwise marked. "Bag and Box Day" is Sunday - all the books you can fit in a grocery bag for $2 and in a box, for $5.
All proceeds benefit Literacy Services of Wisconsin's adult education programs. Call 414-344-5878 for more information or email email@example.com.
Reading is a gift but not a given.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Christmas at Balmoral Castle
- Lutheran Home Hires Wolkomir as Social Services Director
- Registration for Summer Classes Now Open
- Danceworks Student Showcase: A Whimsical Waltz in Wonderland
- Danceworks Mad Hot Ballroom and Tap Competition
- UWM, MATC and MPS Leaders To Speak On Collaborative Efforts Between Milwaukee Public Education Institutions on May 13 at UWM
- Sculptor of "Topos" at new MPL East Library to Talk at UWM May 3
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers May 13 Panel Discussion on “Enhancing Your Home’s Curb Appeal”
- Bartelt Wins 2015 Chrysalis Award
- Integrated Health Network of Wisconsin Names CFO