The Literacy Services of Wisconsin book sale returns to Shorewood September 16-19. The sale will be held at the old Harry W. Schwartz Book store at 4093 N. Oakland, Thursday - Sunday from 9:00 - 6:00 p.m. Tens of thousands of books will be offered. Categories include fiction, mystery, sports, humanities, art, young adult, children's, history, cooking, health, and travel. All hard backs are $2, paperbacks, $1 unless otherwise marked. "Bag and Box Day" is Sunday - all the books you can fit in a grocery bag for $2 and in a box, for $5.
All proceeds benefit Literacy Services of Wisconsin's adult education programs. Call 414-344-5878 for more information or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reading is a gift but not a given.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Shakespeare in Shorewood
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Newcastle Place staff completes training for Heartfelt Connections Memory Care Program
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- North Shore Suzuki Strings celebrates 25th anniversary
- Capuchin Friar Visits Catholic East for Vocation Day
- Alverno College Will Hold its 151st Commencement on May 22 and 23
- Lunch and Edelweiss Boat Tour
- American Cancer Society Seeks Teams for Relay For Life of Milwaukee on June 19