The first general meeting of the Glendale Senior Citizens Club (open to everyone 55 years and over) will be in the Senior Center on the lower level of Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Road, on Wednesday, September 15, 1:30 pm. The North Shore Fire Department will present their "Remembering When...Senior Fire and Fall Prevention" program.
People over the age of 65 have a home fire death rate nearly twice the national average. Falling is the leading cause of accidental injury at home among those 65 and older. Stairs, bathtubs, step stools and ladders, garden hoses, dog leashes, and appliance cords pose particular hazards. Each week more than 30,000 seniors are seriously injured by falling, nearly 250 fatally.
Utilizing eight simple fire safety and fall prevention tips and a variety of props, the program presenters share life saving information that participants can use in their daily lives. Those attending are invited to wear a hat or bow tie. Free refreshments will be served at the end of the program.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Suggests Storage Ideas for the Kitchen
- Alverno Presents Okwui Okpokwasili: Bronx Gothic
- R.A. Smith National’s Mike Bach Promoted to Project Manager
- Black Lives Matter: Racial Disparity and the Criminal Justice System
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- Seniors Winter Pot Luck
- Appliance Gallery Offers Tips for Laundry Room Maintenance
- NORTH SHORE BANK HOSTS BOOK SALE BENEFITING ADULT LITERACY CENTER OF OZAUKEE COUNTY
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: February schedule
- UW-Parkside Traditions of Excellence Nominations