The first general meeting of the Glendale Senior Citizens Club (open to everyone 55 years and over) will be in the Senior Center on the lower level of Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Road, on Wednesday, September 15, 1:30 pm. The North Shore Fire Department will present their "Remembering When...Senior Fire and Fall Prevention" program.
People over the age of 65 have a home fire death rate nearly twice the national average. Falling is the leading cause of accidental injury at home among those 65 and older. Stairs, bathtubs, step stools and ladders, garden hoses, dog leashes, and appliance cords pose particular hazards. Each week more than 30,000 seniors are seriously injured by falling, nearly 250 fatally.
Utilizing eight simple fire safety and fall prevention tips and a variety of props, the program presenters share life saving information that participants can use in their daily lives. Those attending are invited to wear a hat or bow tie. Free refreshments will be served at the end of the program.
- Appliance Gallery Offers Decorating Tips to Compliment Appliances
- Celebrate Summer at the Annual East Side Community BBQ!
- Village plans Parade and Other Festivities for 4th of July
- Shorewood Students Part of Summer STEM Program GE Girls
- Local Soccer Player to Be Honored by Chicago MLS
- Support for K9s Keeps "Brewing"
- Lake Geneva Mail Boat Tour and Luncheon
- “A Sailor’s Songbag” with David HB Drake
- 8th Annual South Milwaukee Historical Society Garden Tour Saturday
- 8th Annual South Milwaukee Historical Society Garden Tour