Please join the musicians of Shorewood High School and the Shorewood Choral Arts Society for a very special collaborative concert. The 13th Annual Masterworks Concert begins at 7:00 p.m. at St. Robert Church on October 26.
This concert will feature the Shorewood High School Wind Ensemble performing the overture to the opera, “Martha” by Friedrich von Flotow, the Symphony Strings performing Felix Mendelssohn’s Sinfonia No. 12 in G Minor, and the Chamber Singers performing works by Jan Sweelinck, Philip Stopford, and Z. Randall Stroope. Mr. Stroope will be the conductor at the International Choral Festival this summer in Rome where our Shorewood Choir students will perform.
In addition to these works, the combined Shorewood High School Choirs, Shorewood Choral Arts Society, and the Shorewood High School Chamber Orchestra will present portions of Joseph Haydn’s “Creation,” a major work for chorus and orchestra from the classical era and one of Haydn’s greatest compositional achievements. This performance will also feature all the music faculty of the School District of Shorewood. It is open to the public and admission is free. It truly is a wonderful evening of music!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitefish Bay Little League Registration is Open
- Hear Ye, Hear Ye, The Bells are Ringing!
- Encourage your kids to become involved in extracurriculars
- SSRC Plans Trip to Jewish Museum, Lake Park Bistro
- High school concert set for Wednesday
- Journey to Bethlehem at Whitefish Bay United Methodist
- Milwaukee Citywide Food Drive is a Huge Success
- Danceworks Youth Performance Company (DYPC) in GINGERBREAD EXPRESS
- Unwind with Stress-free Holiday Shopping in Shorewood
- Local Allstate Agent Andrew McCabe Offers Tips on Avoiding Winter Freeze