Please join the musicians of Shorewood High School and the Shorewood Choral Arts Society for a very special collaborative concert. The 13th Annual Masterworks Concert begins at 7:00 p.m. at St. Robert Church on October 26.
This concert will feature the Shorewood High School Wind Ensemble performing the overture to the opera, “Martha” by Friedrich von Flotow, the Symphony Strings performing Felix Mendelssohn’s Sinfonia No. 12 in G Minor, and the Chamber Singers performing works by Jan Sweelinck, Philip Stopford, and Z. Randall Stroope. Mr. Stroope will be the conductor at the International Choral Festival this summer in Rome where our Shorewood Choir students will perform.
In addition to these works, the combined Shorewood High School Choirs, Shorewood Choral Arts Society, and the Shorewood High School Chamber Orchestra will present portions of Joseph Haydn’s “Creation,” a major work for chorus and orchestra from the classical era and one of Haydn’s greatest compositional achievements. This performance will also feature all the music faculty of the School District of Shorewood. It is open to the public and admission is free. It truly is a wonderful evening of music!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Suggests Storage Ideas for the Kitchen
- Alverno Presents Okwui Okpokwasili: Bronx Gothic
- R.A. Smith National’s Mike Bach Promoted to Project Manager
- Black Lives Matter: Racial Disparity and the Criminal Justice System
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- Seniors Winter Pot Luck
- Appliance Gallery Offers Tips for Laundry Room Maintenance
- NORTH SHORE BANK HOSTS BOOK SALE BENEFITING ADULT LITERACY CENTER OF OZAUKEE COUNTY
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: February schedule
- UW-Parkside Traditions of Excellence Nominations