There still is time to enroll in the upcoming conference, "Autism Knows No Boundaries
Supporting the Needs of Urban Communities," 8:30am-4:30pm. Wed. and Thu., Nov. 3-4, UWM School of Continuing Education, 161 W. Wisconsin Ave., Ste. 7000.
Explore Topics Including:
--Identifying Cultural Barriers
--Communication and Challenging Behaviors
--Life with an Autistic Sibling
--Autism Research and Medication
--Urban Access for Medical Diagnosis
Among the benefits of attending are learning the basics about Autism and Asperger Syndrome how they present in an urban populatio and becomeing aware of the disparities in service availability and later age of diagnosis of autism in children of color.
Participants also learn strategies for supporting individuals with learning and communication differences to prevent behavioral outbursts.
Connecting with community resources to better support individuals with autism and co-morbid mental health issues. also is a valuable opportunity.
Related Areas include foundations in Autism Spectrum Disorders.
Questions? Contact Mary Pick at firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-227-3353.
To register, go to: http://www4.uwm.edu/sce/autism.cfm
- Local Soccer Player to Be Honored by Chicago MLS
- Support for K9s Keeps "Brewing"
- Lake Geneva Mail Boat Tour and Luncheon
- “A Sailor’s Songbag” with David HB Drake
- 8th Annual South Milwaukee Historical Society Garden Tour Saturday
- 8th Annual South Milwaukee Historical Society Garden Tour
- CIGAR NETWORKERS OF MILWAUKEE PRESENTS SMOKE ON THE WATER
- Oconomowoc Banker, Mark Mohr, to Serve on Wisconsin Bankers Association Board
- Summer Reading Programs at the Whitefish Bay Public Library
- BMX Stunt Team Performs at St. John's Lutheran