There still is time to enroll in the upcoming conference, "Autism Knows No Boundaries
Supporting the Needs of Urban Communities," 8:30am-4:30pm. Wed. and Thu., Nov. 3-4, UWM School of Continuing Education, 161 W. Wisconsin Ave., Ste. 7000.
Explore Topics Including:
--Identifying Cultural Barriers
--Communication and Challenging Behaviors
--Life with an Autistic Sibling
--Autism Research and Medication
--Urban Access for Medical Diagnosis
Among the benefits of attending are learning the basics about Autism and Asperger Syndrome how they present in an urban populatio and becomeing aware of the disparities in service availability and later age of diagnosis of autism in children of color.
Participants also learn strategies for supporting individuals with learning and communication differences to prevent behavioral outbursts.
Connecting with community resources to better support individuals with autism and co-morbid mental health issues. also is a valuable opportunity.
Related Areas include foundations in Autism Spectrum Disorders.
Questions? Contact Mary Pick at firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-227-3353.
To register, go to: http://www4.uwm.edu/sce/autism.cfm
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Black Lives Matter: Racial Disparity and the Criminal Justice System
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- Seniors Winter Pot Luck
- Appliance Gallery Offers Tips for Laundry Room Maintenance
- NORTH SHORE BANK HOSTS BOOK SALE BENEFITING ADULT LITERACY CENTER OF OZAUKEE COUNTY
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: February schedule
- UW-Parkside Traditions of Excellence Nominations
- Model Train Show March 6th Cedarburg, WI
- Chicago Block Clubs and Social Justice Examined in Talk at UWM, Feb. 26
- Author Discusses Book on Milwaukee's School Choice Movement, at UWM on Feb. 23