There still is time to enroll in the upcoming conference, "Autism Knows No Boundaries
Supporting the Needs of Urban Communities," 8:30am-4:30pm. Wed. and Thu., Nov. 3-4, UWM School of Continuing Education, 161 W. Wisconsin Ave., Ste. 7000.
Explore Topics Including:
--Identifying Cultural Barriers
--Communication and Challenging Behaviors
--Life with an Autistic Sibling
--Autism Research and Medication
--Urban Access for Medical Diagnosis
Among the benefits of attending are learning the basics about Autism and Asperger Syndrome how they present in an urban populatio and becomeing aware of the disparities in service availability and later age of diagnosis of autism in children of color.
Participants also learn strategies for supporting individuals with learning and communication differences to prevent behavioral outbursts.
Connecting with community resources to better support individuals with autism and co-morbid mental health issues. also is a valuable opportunity.
Related Areas include foundations in Autism Spectrum Disorders.
Questions? Contact Mary Pick at email@example.com or 414-227-3353.
To register, go to: http://www4.uwm.edu/sce/autism.cfm
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Aqua Sprites Cure the Winter Blues
- SUNSET PLAYHOUSE PRESENTS CROONER CHRIS MARIANI IN HAVE A COOL YULE
- ‘Tis the Season
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Explains Bathtub Materials
- “Let There Be Light!” with David HB Drake
- Glendale’s Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony to Feature 40-foot Live Balsam Tree
- Local Contractor Joins Campaign for Hunger Relief
- Should You Repair or Replace Your Appliance? Appliance Gallery Offers Some Advice
- Wisconsin's Walk MS Dates Announced for 2016
- WaterStone Bank Announces New Fox Point Community President