There still is time to enroll in the upcoming conference, "Autism Knows No Boundaries
Supporting the Needs of Urban Communities," 8:30am-4:30pm. Wed. and Thu., Nov. 3-4, UWM School of Continuing Education, 161 W. Wisconsin Ave., Ste. 7000.
Explore Topics Including:
--Identifying Cultural Barriers
--Communication and Challenging Behaviors
--Life with an Autistic Sibling
--Autism Research and Medication
--Urban Access for Medical Diagnosis
Among the benefits of attending are learning the basics about Autism and Asperger Syndrome how they present in an urban populatio and becomeing aware of the disparities in service availability and later age of diagnosis of autism in children of color.
Participants also learn strategies for supporting individuals with learning and communication differences to prevent behavioral outbursts.
Connecting with community resources to better support individuals with autism and co-morbid mental health issues. also is a valuable opportunity.
Related Areas include foundations in Autism Spectrum Disorders.
Questions? Contact Mary Pick at firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-227-3353.
To register, go to: http://www4.uwm.edu/sce/autism.cfm
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo
- Zoom into Nano Opens Big at Discovery World
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- Career and Technical Workshop for Educators to be Held at MATC's Mequon Campus June 14-16
- Free Showing of "The Intern"
- Big Cedar Lake Resorts & Businesses
- WAUKESHA CHOCOLATE FACTORY TO SUPPORT THIS TIME TOMORROW FOUNDATION
- SHOREWOOD CHOCOLATE FACTORY TO SUPPORT THIS TIME TOMORROW FOUNDATION
- Meet a Red, White, and Blue Jew in Milwaukee!
- Shorewood Foundation Appoints Sebastian (Saj) Thachenkary as President