On Thursday April 14th, 2011 the Latino Student Union at UW-Milwaukee will hold the third annual Latina Monologues. The Latina Monologues is a theater performance comprised of short stories, poems, and monologues written by Latinos and performed by women reflecting their many experiences.
The performance begins with poems and monologues dissecting the significance of what it means to be “Latina,” followed by pieces focused on childhood memories, identity and generational issues, and the political and social struggles faced by Latina women both in the United States and in their homelands.
There will also be a raffle and in order to be entered you must RSVP at mivoz.com and print your free ticket and bring it to the performance.
Please RSVP at the following link:
WHEN: Thursday April 14th, 2011- Doors open at 6:30 and performance starts at 7:00
WHERE: UW-Milwaukee Union Ballroom (2200 E. Kenwood BLVD)
This performance is made possible by the contribution and dedication of UWM Students and artists in our community. Sponsored by the Latino Student Union, Kappa Delta Chi sorority, UWM Roberto Hernández Center, and the UWM Women’s Resource Center, and MIvoz.com
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New "Sporkies" Food Competition Has Wisconsin State Fair Vendors Competing For Coveted Golden Spork Award
- Eastcastle Place Senior Living Community Earns Perfect 100 on Walk Score®
- Free Movie Showing
- Assurant Health ranks on southeast Wisconsin Top Workplaces list
- Children's Medical Grants Now Available in Wisconsin from the UnitedHealthcare Children's Foundation
- GRAEF RECOGNIZED BY AMERICAN COUNCIL OF ENGINEERING COMPANIES
- Virtual Education: Why it can work for you
- Shorewood Schools celebrate Art Week
- River Cruise Seminar
- Milwaukee Handbell Ensemble's 10th Anniversary Concert