The Glendale Senior Citizens' Club will watch the movie "The Social Network" on Wednesday, April 27, at 1 p.m. in the clubroom on the lower level of Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Road. Non-members are welcome at this free event. For further information, call 414- 540-2100.
The movie revolves around the founding of Facebook, its creator Mark Zuckerberg, and the lawsuits filed against Zuckerberg by former friends and colleagues who accuse him of stealing their ideas. The movie features, among others, Jesse Eisenberg, pop singer Justin Timberlake, and Rashida Jones ("Parks and Recreation").
"The Social Network" appeared on the "Top 10 Movies" list of 78 film critics (22 ranked it number one) and won the Golden Globe Best Dramatic Motion Picture award for 2010. It received eight Academy Award nominations, including one for "Best Screenplay Adaptation." Screenwriter Aaron Sorkin ("West Wing") received one of the three Academy Awards given to "The Social Network."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Shakespeare in Shorewood
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Newcastle Place staff completes training for Heartfelt Connections Memory Care Program
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- North Shore Suzuki Strings celebrates 25th anniversary
- Capuchin Friar Visits Catholic East for Vocation Day
- Alverno College Will Hold its 151st Commencement on May 22 and 23
- Lunch and Edelweiss Boat Tour
- American Cancer Society Seeks Teams for Relay For Life of Milwaukee on June 19