The Glendale Senior Citizens' Club will watch the movie "The Social Network" on Wednesday, April 27, at 1 p.m. in the clubroom on the lower level of Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Road. Non-members are welcome at this free event. For further information, call 414- 540-2100.
The movie revolves around the founding of Facebook, its creator Mark Zuckerberg, and the lawsuits filed against Zuckerberg by former friends and colleagues who accuse him of stealing their ideas. The movie features, among others, Jesse Eisenberg, pop singer Justin Timberlake, and Rashida Jones ("Parks and Recreation").
"The Social Network" appeared on the "Top 10 Movies" list of 78 film critics (22 ranked it number one) and won the Golden Globe Best Dramatic Motion Picture award for 2010. It received eight Academy Award nominations, including one for "Best Screenplay Adaptation." Screenwriter Aaron Sorkin ("West Wing") received one of the three Academy Awards given to "The Social Network."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- C.H. Coakley Successfully Moves Another Milwaukee Company
- Newcastle Place to sponsor Fan Appreciation Night at Lakeshore Chinooks game
- 24th Annual Milwaukee/NARI Fall Home & Remodeling Show Scheduled
- Columbia St. Mary’s and Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Form Cardiothoracic Surgery Alliance
- Shorewood Library's Annual Summer Celebration
- Whitefish Bay Community Band Concert July 23, 2014 7:00pm
- MUSIC AND FACE PAINTING
- Plein Air Painting Competition Announced as Part of Concordia's Lake Moon Festival Aug. 9
- MUSIC & FACE PAINTING AT THE MARKET
- KITCHEN DRIVE FOR VETERANS IN NEED