Shorewood, WI native Betsy Dupuis named to the inaugural Hudson Valley Athletic Conference All-Academic Team.
Yonkers, N.Y.- Sarah Lawrence College student-athlete Betsy Dupuis was named to the inaugural Hudson Valley Women’s Athletic Conference All-Academic Team. Dupuis was a member of the women’s volleyball team, coached by 2010 Coach of the Year Matt Cribbin, which finished first in the conference and earned the top seed in the HVWAC Conference Tournament.
Dupuis was captain of the volleyball team and ranked in the top 10 in three major statistical categories. Her academic focus is in psychology and language.
Eligible student-athletes must be sophomores or higher and maintain a minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA, while participating in one of the conference’s fall sports: cross country, men’s soccer, women’s tennis and women’s volleyball.
Sarah Lawrence College is a coeducational liberal arts college, founded in 1926, with a unique educational model featuring small classes, bi-weekly one-on-one student-faculty conferences, and personalized academic guidance by faculty advisors called Dons. Students explore an open curriculum in which the creative arts are integrated with sciences, humanities, and social sciences. In addition to the 1200-student undergraduate program, the College offers ten master’s degree programs. Sarah Lawrence graduates include actress Julianna Margulies, writer Alice Walker, producer J.J. Abrams, designer Vera Wang, and former White House Chief of Staff and Chicago Mayor-Elect, Rahm Emanuel.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- “Battle of the Bays” Getaway winner announced by BloodCenter of WI
- Girl's Lacrosse Registration Now Open
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- BBB's 8 Tips to Avoid Locksmith Scams
- City of Glendale to celebrate annual Menorah Lighting Ceremony at Bayshore Town Center
- Chanukah in the Chocolate Factory!
- Kick Off Chanukah at East Side Public Menorah Celebration
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Season of Giving Blood Drive
- "The Nutcracker" returns December 13-27, 2014
- St.. Jude Kindergartners Share the Warmth This Holiday Season