An associate professor of political science has received the annual Carroll University award that recognizes excellence in teaching, research and educational innovation.
Dr. Lilly J. Goren of Shorewood was presented the Benjamin F. Richason Jr. Faculty Award at Celebrate Carroll, the university's annual academic conference, on April 20, 2011. Goren earned her bachelor's degree at Kenyon College and her master's and doctorate degrees at Boston College, and joined the Carroll faculty in 2005.
The award is a memorial established by the family, friends and colleagues of the late Professor Benjamin Richason, a professor of geography at Carroll from 1952 until his death in 1988.
In announcing the award, Dr. Joanne Passaro, provost and vice president for academic affairs, said that Goren is described as "inspiring" in the classroom, and is an effective communicator of knowledge as she engages her students. Many see her as "a role model, a strong, intelligent woman who holds the respect of peers and students alike."
Goren is a widely respected political analyst and commentator who is able to bring clarity and insight to many of the complex political events and issues of our time. She has a "truly impressive" publication record, including her 2009 book of collected essays, "You’ve Come a Long Way, Baby: Women, Politics & Popular Culture." She had four publications in 2010, including "Profits and Protest: The Cultural Commodification of the Presidential Image" and a co-authored chapter in "Politics and Popular Culture."
After a recent promotion, Goren will be a professor of political science, effective July 2011.
[Caption] Dr. Lilly J. Goren, associate professor of political science, was presented Carroll’s 2011 Benjamin F. Richason Jr. Faculty Award for excellence in teaching, research and educational innovation. She accepts the award from Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs Joanne Passaro.
- Celebrate Summer at the Annual East Side Community BBQ!
- Village plans Parade and Other Festivities for 4th of July
- Shorewood Students Part of Summer STEM Program GE Girls
- Local Soccer Player to Be Honored by Chicago MLS
- Support for K9s Keeps "Brewing"
- Lake Geneva Mail Boat Tour and Luncheon
- “A Sailor’s Songbag” with David HB Drake
- 8th Annual South Milwaukee Historical Society Garden Tour Saturday
- 8th Annual South Milwaukee Historical Society Garden Tour
- CIGAR NETWORKERS OF MILWAUKEE PRESENTS SMOKE ON THE WATER